Tim Wakefield (17-12, 4.76) vs Paul Byrd (15-8, 4.59)
ALL GAME LONG
- Paul Byrd looked good in the first inning, hitting his spots.
- Paul Byrd past 76 pitches has guys hitting .377 or higher so the Sox need to work the count.
- Both old guys are pitching well… this is a nerve racking one. Who will be the first miss his pitch?
- Pedroia with a nice piece of batting in the 3rd. If Byrd throws it away, hit it away.
- Ortiz swinging at the first pitch in the 3rd with 1st and 2nd on. As they should be with all of Byrds first pitch fastball strikes.
- The Sox are going through some major production issues. They just can’t get it done when it matters.
- Tim Wakefield has a no-hitter through 3 IP but it doesn’t feel like it. Maybe its just me but it feels like it could turn at any point.
- The hanger Wafefield threw to Peralta is the kind of pitch that makes the game 1-0 or more.
- And Casey Blake makes that last statement true with a huge home-run to left. 1-0 Cleveland
Beckett should have started tonight… And thats all… Go Sox (5th)
- Solo shots back to back to start the 6th by Youkilis and Ortiz. It’s a start. Knocking Byrd out of the game.
- Miserable rest of the game
Post Game Thoughts:
- Beckett should have started. Seven runs was too much to come back from.. Now its game by game. Have to win them all.
Tags: ALCS, Cleveland Indians, Paul Byrd, Tim Wakefield