|Why Aaron Dobson Could Hold the Key to the Patriots Offense||Team USA Wins FIBA World Championship, Kyrie Irving Tournament MVP||Why Watch the Red Sox? For the Cuban Missile Rusney Castillo||Redraft King: Weekly Fantasy Football Strategy|
I will be live-blogging the trade deadline all-day. Check back or sit with me as we watch and wait for the 4 p.m. MLB trade deadline. Manny Ramirez was reportedly dealt!
- Sports Illustrated and NESN: Manny was reportedly traded to the Dodgers, which probably means that Jason Bay is coming to the Red Sox. WOW!
- Nick Cafardo and Gordon Edes have confirmed that Manny Ramirez has been traded. How is this possible?!?!?!
- Unless someone is hiding information, Manny Ramirez was NOT traded anywhere. He is stuck with the Red Sox barring any miraculous waiver trade until the end of 2008.
- Peter Gammons reports Manny was NOT traded to the Marlins…and likely not anywhere else. Oh boy…
- The trade deadline has officially come and gone, but some deals may have gotten done in the closing minutes so time will tell…
- Jason Bay to Rays is basically done, but Tampa Bay is convinced that Manny Ramirez is going to be traded and the deal will involve Jason Bay, whether to the Dodgers or Marlins. This bears watching!
- Jayson Stark says Raul Ibanez to the Blue Jays is a totally dead deal.
- Reports out of Pittsburgh say Jason Bay-to-Rays is done, but both teams vehemently deny the deal is done.
Still no Red Sox deal. Just 30 minutes left until the deadline.
Two possible deals seem to be imminent, according to Jayson Stark.
- Jason Bay to Tampa Bay is alive and could happen soon.
- Raul Ibanez to Toronto is also alive and could happen soon. Why? They don’t think they’re out of it. The Blue Jays think they can get ahead of the Yankees and Red Sox (who are now vulnerable because of the Manny saga). That remains to be seen…
- One hour left. No new Manny news.
- Apparently, Peter Gammons knows how to use a cell phone. He received a text message from someone close to Manny that said the Red Sox and Dodgers are still talking about Manny Ramirez. There is life to a Manny deal! Would you be happy with Manny-for-Matt Kemp?
All from ESPN’s Buster Olney:
- A’s RP Huston Street and Indians SP Paul Byrd are not going to be traded.
- The Orioles are looking for a SS in exchange for George Sherrill, so far no takers. Looks like the O’s will wait until the offseason before they start trading.
- The Mariners and Yankees are talking about Jarrod Washburn, and the M’s are looking for a top prospect and for the Yankees to eat all of his salary. The Yanks don’t mind eating his salary, but refuse to give a top prospect. We will see who will buckle first.
- Jayson Stark worked the phones for all of us, and apparently the Jason Bay-to-Rays trade discussions are still active. The hangup right now is that Tampa Bay is stingy with their prospects.
- Stark also said that Brian Fuentes is NOT going to be traded. Where will the Red Sox find a relief pitcher?
Jayson Stark just said on ESPN that the Manny Ramirez-Jason Bay-Jeremy Hermida deal is basically dead. He said that the Pirates are blaming the Marlins, the Marlins are blaming the Pirates, and the Red Sox aren’t happy with either team. Looks like Manny won’t get traded.
Two completed deals so far today…