dobson Why Aaron Dobson Could Hold the Key to the Patriots Offense Behind Kyrie Irving's 6 three pointers, Team USA won the FIBA tournament. Team USA Wins FIBA World Championship, Kyrie Irving Tournament MVP Rusney Castillo is excited to make his major league debut on Wednesday, and even though the 2014 Red Sox have convinced you otherwise, you should be too. (Boston Herald) Why Watch the Red Sox? For the Cuban Missile Rusney Castillo (www.wisegeek.com) Redraft King: Weekly Fantasy Football Strategy

Celtics Fire Lucky the Mascot

In a relatively shocking move in the middle of the regular season, the Celtics and the team’s mascot “Lucky” have agreed to go their separate ways.

Just a few weeks ago, Lucky appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien in a random dunk over Conan’s head. He’s also recently appeared at many Celtics charity events. Why would such a “lucky” person get the unlucky hook from the Green?

Well, I guess no one can know for sure because neither the Celtics or Lucky has commented. But, I browsed through the forums and found there was a reason Lucky had his name. He apparently was lucky to have his job…

Word on the forums is that Lucky was a total jerk and was not well-liked at all. Obviously, Lucky must have done something wrong, because the team wouldn’t fire him in the middle of the season just because he was mean. He probably was on a short leash, but this is all just speculation.

Why do you think Lucky was fired?

Tags: ,

17 comments for “Celtics Fire Lucky the Mascot”

1. Celtics Fire Lucky the Mascot: In a relatively shocking move in the middle of the regular season, the Celtics an.. http://tinyurl.com/bbtpqu

Posted by Sports of Boston | January 30, 2009, 6:39 am
  2. HAHAHHA wow did this make my morning!

Maybe he was fired because if anyone watched during pregame he was always like 1 for 15 on shooting half court shots.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Posted by Jeff | January 30, 2009, 8:56 am
  3. I will miss Lucky!! but they could get a better mascot!

Posted by Dory | January 30, 2009, 12:34 pm
  4. Guy was a total D-Bag, got everything he deserved.

Posted by SVince | January 30, 2009, 1:19 pm
  5. A friend of mine saw lucky at a bar after a Celtics home game one night in North Station… words were later exchanged and Lucky knocked him out. … jerk

Posted by joe | January 30, 2009, 5:19 pm
  6. hahaha i cant imagine Lucky being so violent or such a d-bag. It just doesn’t make sense…ah well.

Posted by KC | January 30, 2009, 10:59 pm
  7. I heard that lucky was banging one of the dancers in the locker room and scal caught them and joined in. Then Danny Ainge caught them and fired all of them.

Posted by Wayne Adams | January 31, 2009, 10:33 am
  8. Lucky had it coming. First of all he is short. No offense but short leprechaun type characters, really give me the creeps. Bird didn’t need lucky and neither do we. Good bye Lucky you creepy dwarf!

Posted by Jon Hilton | January 31, 2009, 11:07 pm
  9. Lucky is a straight jimbroni. I’m glad he got fired cause now I watch celtics games with that little green midget getting in my way. They should replace him with The leprechaun from the horror movies!

Posted by Zee | February 1, 2009, 1:25 pm
  10. I would always glorify lucky and talk him up to make my friends angry. In actuality, out of a group of 10 of us, everyone concurs that he sucked. Take the time they wasted putting him out there and let the Celtics girls dance more.

Posted by James Delfino | February 1, 2009, 2:51 pm
  11. Good because the guy was a total ass.
    After a game the Celtics had just won in a bar near the arena (Home game for the Celts) he was having a beer and we said “good game out there tonight!” he turned said f’off.
    Great guy to have working for ya.

Posted by Rab | February 1, 2009, 5:40 pm
  12. The Celtics should put some real consideration into finding a spot-on “Gino” look-alike to replace Lucky.. but only to come out when the game is at hand, not running around annoying people like lucky did before, during and after home games.

Posted by Bill N. | February 3, 2009, 8:26 am
  13. Damon was a total jerk. Always on something or drunk. I know because I worked with the idiot.

Got everything he deserves!

Posted by mao | February 18, 2009, 8:17 pm
  14. [...] Mullins is a red-headed, Irish point guard from Southern Illinois. He shot over 40% from 3-pt range and had a decent assist to turnover ratio in college. If the C’s trade Scalabrine’s expiring contract, Mullins could be the 12th-man-Irish-mascot. If Scal remains with the C’s, Mullins could always try out for Lucky. [...]

Posted by 2009 Celtics Summer League Team Preview | Sports of Boston | July 4, 2009, 2:02 pm
  15. I am not Irish, but I married into an Irish family. So, what is the feeling among the Irish, I wonder, that the mascot of the Celtics is an Irish dwarf? I mean, why not go for the whole sterotype, and have him drunk and fighting and with 20 kids? Why not have the pack of them come out, beat up the opposing mascot, and then puke on the court?

I mean, we have to have some sensitivity here to the Irish, don’t we?

Posted by JoeC | September 15, 2009, 6:16 pm
  16. HAHAHAHAHA on the post by Jon Hilton:

“Lucky had it coming. First of all he is short.”

Posted by lokesh | September 16, 2009, 7:58 am