Patriots running back Stevan Ridley must hold on to the football. (USA Today Sports) Patriots 30, Panthers 7: What we were watching for Rusney Castillo (image: jaysjournal.com) Rusney Castillo signs with Red Sox for 7 years, $72.5 million Connelly’s Top Ten: All-Star Starting Pitchers, Medal for Frates, Weekend Video: Angels’ Garret Richards Blows Out Knee vs. Red Sox

Clay Buchholz Engaged to Girlfriend Lindsay Clubine

If beautiful girls were attracted to men who performed horribly at their jobs in 2008 (like anyone working in the financial sector), then maybe I would understand the allure of Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz. The phenom was horrible last season, finishing 2-9 with a 6.75 ERA in 15 starts.

But, as you all know, he dated Penthouse playmate Erica Ellyson. It doesn’t stop there, as the Boston Herald reported that Buchholz is now engaged to a new girl: Lindsay Clubine. Who?

Clubine, 26, is listed on People Magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People,” and is a “Deal or No Deal” model. She regularly models briefcase No. 26, in case you’re a fan of the show.

“Lindsay Clubine and Clay Buchholz are engaged. They’re both very excited,” Lindsay’s publicist Anthony Murillo confirmed Wednesday.

While Buchholz is waiting to be called up to the big leagues, he didn’t wait long to lock up Clubine. He apparently popped the question on March 13, and the couple is set to be married November 14.

Reaction: How does he do it? I really don’t see the appeal to Clay. Can you ladies help me out? What is so hot about Clay Buchholz?

Tags: , , ,

8 comments for “Clay Buchholz Engaged to Girlfriend Lindsay Clubine”

1. Clay Buchholz Engaged to Girlfriend Lindsay Clubine: If beautiful girls were attracted to men who performed horr.. http://tinyurl.com/c99azr

Posted by Sports of Boston | April 16, 2009, 6:42 am
  2. He might make it to the big leagues and hit the jackpot…risky investment. I say sell.

Posted by Dave | April 16, 2009, 10:52 am
  3. Congratulations to both! They look good for each other so they might be destined for each other.. We wish you both all the best.. From football and ‘deal or no deal’ fanatics..

Posted by News Review | April 16, 2009, 3:35 pm
  4. haha yeah everything goes right for the guy (except for the 2008 season). we will see what happens..

Posted by KC | April 16, 2009, 5:54 pm
  5. I should really try to start sucking more at my job too, maybe that is the secret (somehow I doubt it). Hope she’s at Fenway and on NESN 20 times a game, maybe she can do reporting too!

Posted by John | April 17, 2009, 8:50 am
  6. Look, Clay is a very old friend of mine. I’m sure there hasn’t been a time in some of y’alls lives where you haven’t sucked at your jobs at one point or another. So what if last season wasn’t so great, he’s young and alot of players go their whole lives without making it to “the big show” and he did it at 23! Give him a break! It was his first full season. He’s trying to live up to everyones expectations and I give him major props for that! I wish them nothing but the best!

Posted by unknown | April 18, 2009, 12:46 pm
  7. Hey! I had the great liberty of meeting Lindsay this past spring and she is more than a hot lady. She is a christian and is proud of it. She was so happy to be engaged to Clay and I wish them all the best in their marriage and in their careers. They both seem to have their heads screwed on straight and in today’s world of sports and media – that is a rare quality.

Posted by Pat | July 1, 2009, 4:12 pm
  8. [...] Clay Buchholz Engaged to Girlfriend Lindsay Clubine | Sports of BostonIf beautiful girls were attracted to men who performed horribly at their jobs in 2008 (like anyone working in the financial sector), then maybe I would.Read More [...]

Posted by clay buchholz girlfriend | Fooner | July 17, 2009, 1:33 pm