Carol Vadnais Former Bruins Player Carol Vadnais Dies Red Sox Manager John Farrell (Source: Jared Wickerham/Getty Images North America) John Farrell’s Second Season Unlike his First Tom Brady throwing Overvalued and Undervalued 2014 Fantasy Football Players Ryan Malllett is heading to Houston (Jim Rogash) Patriots Trade QB Ryan Mallett to Houston Texans, report says

Jerry Remy Sick, Flies Home

For more on Jerry’s health in 2011…read about his bout with pneumonia.
——
UPDATE (08/12/09): Jerry Remy returns to Fenway Park for the first time since May, and could return to the booth soon.

UPDATE (08/05/09): According to his son, Jerry is now cancer-free and feeling better! There’s no timetable for his return, though…

UPDATE (05/06/09): Jerry Remy will be taking an indefinite leave from NESN after undergoing cancer surgery. More from Boston.com

New England Sports Network has announced Jerry Remy, the beloved color commentator of NESN’s Red Sox telecasts and president of Red Sox Nation, will be taking an indefinite leave from the broadcast booth to recover from cancer surgery.

“I want to focus on completing my recovery,” Remy said in a report posted on NESN.com, “so that I can return to work without distractions or interruptions.”

So, you just turned on the game and asked yourself, what is that weird voice with Don Orsillo? Where’s the Rem-Dawg?

Legendary Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy has decided to fly home from the Red Sox road trip due to an illness. According to the Globe, his symptoms “are the same as those that kept him sidelined for the outset of spring training.”

Remy could be back for Wednesday’s game against the Cleveland Indians. Buck Martinez, Dennis Eckersley, and others will continue to fill in for Remy with Don Orsillo for NESN broadcasts.

Tags: , , , , ,

126 comments for “Jerry Remy Sick, Flies Home”

1. Get well fast, Jerry! Martinez is awful in so many ways. I hate it when TBS gets the ALDS coverage. What an irritating big mouth.

Posted by Bob Mitchell | May 3, 2009, 9:29 am
  2. Rem-Dawg, get well soon! I miss the since of humor you bring to the show. You a Red Sox true and true!

Posted by Don | May 3, 2009, 1:36 pm
  3. Dear Jerry,
    Get well soon. You’re the sugar in my coffee. Please hurry back s soon as health lets you.
    Warmly,
    Kate

Posted by Kate, Nashua, NH | May 3, 2009, 2:11 pm
  4. Hugs from Nashua, N.H. & big get well wishes!

Posted by Kate, Nashua, NH | May 3, 2009, 2:13 pm
  5. Get well soon, jerry. At least they let you fly home…healthy enough for the NSA

Posted by tom and chris | May 3, 2009, 2:17 pm
  6. Take your time getting back in the booth, Jerry. I don’t like your money hungry, self promoting ways. I simply want to watch Red Sox baseball. I don’t care about anything your promoting for cash and would NEVER purchase anything. Hope you never come back.

Posted by jeff | May 3, 2009, 3:19 pm
  7. These puppies are barkin’ for you Rem Dawg!!

Posted by Zoe and Kate | May 3, 2009, 3:29 pm
  8. Jeff,

I think you should learn the difference between “your” and “you’re”. Jerk.

Get well quick, Remdawg. You’re the best color-man in the business.

Posted by Bruce | May 3, 2009, 4:26 pm
  9. Hurry back Jerry. We miss you. The broadcasting is so “dull” since you have been gone. Don is a nice guy but without your sense of humor, it’s just not the same. As far as your post goes Jeff whoever you are , I hope you are the one that never comes back. You’re a disgrace to have your name on the same page with Jerry Remy.

Posted by Pat | May 3, 2009, 5:43 pm
  10. We miss you Remdawg. It’s just not the same without you.

Take care & God bless.

Posted by Susan | May 4, 2009, 6:38 am
  11. Get well soon Jerry, we miss you! We love Don but it’s not the same without you, it’s like cream without the sugar! Jeff whoever you are, you’re a JERK

Posted by cindy | May 4, 2009, 3:20 pm
  12. Jerry hurry and get well fast. We miss you, The other guy is so dull we are not watching the game. Sending you a BIG GET WELL WISH.

Posted by RENA MORIN | May 4, 2009, 3:26 pm
  13. Whoever said “Swineflu claims another victim” sure does have a flair for the dramatic (one person has died from the swine flu in america, and it was a sickly mexican child in texas, its been so overblown).

Jerry remy, according to his own Twitter said during the spring he had pnemonia and an infection, and he is now “Paying the price for it”. He’s fine

Posted by Tyler T | May 4, 2009, 8:29 pm
  14. We hope you get well soon Remdawg…Can’t wait to see your ‘dancin’ moves this year’ I stil laugh when I see that clip..You’re the best and Jeff didn’t your mommy ever tell you ‘if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all’

Posted by Deb | May 4, 2009, 9:37 pm
  15. Get well soon Jerry,the SOX aren’t the same without ya!

Posted by Henry White | May 4, 2009, 9:51 pm
  16. Orsillo better pray you come back soon. He’s nothing without the colorful remdog. Jerry you are the best and these clowns who put you down, just have their heads in the sand. Get well soon and give up those weeds. Buck was just terrible.

Posted by Ernest M. Christensen | May 4, 2009, 10:05 pm
  17. Jerry, We MISS you. The Sox games are just not the same without you. Please get well and hurry back before the sun comes in between the earth and the moon(I’m still laughing about that one!)

Posted by Rich M. | May 5, 2009, 10:47 am
  18. Get well and hurry back we miss the laughing in the boot!

Posted by diane | May 5, 2009, 12:17 pm
  19. Hi Jerry,
    Hope you are feeling better. The Red Sox TV broadcasts are so flat sounding without your presence.
    Hurry up and get well-
    Everyone awaits your return.
    Bill R

Posted by Bill R. | May 5, 2009, 4:06 pm
  20. Jerry,
    We all miss you and hope you are well again soon! The broacasts are just not the same without you. We love Don too, but it’s like a hot fudge sundae without the whipped cream. Our prayers are with you.

Posted by Veronica | May 5, 2009, 7:31 pm
  21. Jerry,
    You are definately missed. Get well soon.

Bernie and Joan McAdam
    Calais, ME

Posted by Bernie and Joan McAdam | May 5, 2009, 7:36 pm
  22. We miss your personality, even out here in Iowa’s Red Sox Nation. Don is doing great, as always, as are the fill-ins. But the Red Sox broadcasts are sooooo much better and more entertaining when you’re on board.

Get better, RemDawg!

Garrick and Rachel, Zander and Emmelia Baxter in Pella, Iowa

Posted by The Baxters - Pella, Iowa | May 5, 2009, 8:14 pm
  23. Jerry, we miss you! Sorry you are sick but I miss the snickering between you and Don.

Pat Bishop, Calais, ME

Posted by Pat Bishop | May 5, 2009, 9:48 pm
  24. Jerry,
    Healthy Wishes and a speedy return! It’s not the same without you! :)
    Kim S. – Clinton, CT

Posted by Kim S. - Clinton, CT | May 5, 2009, 10:22 pm
  25. Best wishes from Marlow, New Hampshire Remdawg! Miss you lots. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Posted by Kate M. | May 5, 2009, 11:11 pm
  26. I too miss the Dawg but the worst announcer in any sport anywhere anytime isn’t Martinez but Joe Morgan.ESPN is just afraid he’ll sue so they’re stuck with him.What a tragedy for the great Jon Miller to be with that fool.

Posted by Jim | May 6, 2009, 8:10 am
  27. RemDawg -

It’s not the same without you. Love Don, of course, and Ecks is always fine, but there’s only one Dawg. Get better No. 2, we love ya’, and we miss you.

Jon

Posted by jon | May 6, 2009, 9:29 am
  28. Love ya Jer….but Eck is the balls.Loved the color he did last night on the Yankees/Sox game. Hey Eck, tell us how ya really feel? :)

Posted by Billy Conran | May 6, 2009, 10:07 am
  29. From Salisbury NH miss you in the booth and your happy voice making me laugh. We Burdick’s are a ball playing group and love the Red Sox.Get well soon. Prayers for you
    Betty Burdick

Posted by Betty Burdick | May 6, 2009, 10:45 am
  30. Rem Dawg,
    It is not the same without you. Lots of get well wishes comin at ya from Newmarket, NH. You and Don are the best. I agree with Pat and Cindy…Jeff you are a jerk, probably jealous of the Rem Dawg.

Sharon

Posted by Sharon | May 6, 2009, 12:56 pm
  31. Get well…fast
    Don has lost his rudder.

Posted by N. James - Montpelier, VT | May 6, 2009, 2:57 pm
  32. Hi Jerry,

I hope you are feeling better. I sure miss your voice while watching the Red Sox. Yes, Don does a good job and Dennis is OK.

But it is not you.

Get well soon.
    Gail

Posted by gail | May 6, 2009, 5:45 pm
  33. I was in the hospital for awhile i missed a few games. Then I got home to my big screen to watch the Red Sox. But some thing was missing. That other voice with Don O. wasn’t The Rem Dog. Know I find out that the Rem Dog is confind to the kennell. Please get well and come back as soon as you can. I seen my first Sox game in 1942. It was against Chicago. I heard and seen your first show for NESN was it NESN at that time? You looked a little intimadated, Hell who wouldn’t Be.. Get well soon buddy i miss you WE all miss you.. watch out for the high hard one.. God Bless

Posted by Carl Ameen | May 6, 2009, 6:04 pm
  34. I hugged a friend today fighting the same battle, another hug back to you.

Posted by dale tillotson | May 6, 2009, 7:16 pm
  35. We miss you and wish you all the best from up here in Vt. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Everyone in Red Sox Nation is behind you. You can beat it!!! Looking forward to your return!

Posted by Karen & Frank & Nick | May 6, 2009, 7:20 pm
  36. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family RemDog. Get well soon and get back to the booth, we miss you.

Posted by Joe | May 6, 2009, 7:20 pm
  37. DEAR JERRY, PLEASE HURRY AND GET BACK TO FENWAY. YOU ARE TRULY MISSED BY ALL!!!!!!!!! HOPE TO HEAR YOUR VOICE SOON. SANDI

Posted by sandi salis | May 6, 2009, 7:25 pm
  38. Hey “Jer” (and others)
    I don’t see a need to put other great/good announcers down, including Don O., Joe Morgan, who is very knowledgeable and your relief. Suffice it to say that we miss you Jerry, and “Wally”. Take care and get back soon.

Posted by Vinal and Joyce Reynolds, Whitneyville, Maine | May 6, 2009, 7:31 pm
  39. Hi Jerry, Well we just got the MLB extra innings package and tuned into our first game of the season (we now live in TX) and you were missing! We heard that you had surgery and we wish you the very best for a speedy recovery. Hurry back!

Posted by Donna K. | May 6, 2009, 7:37 pm
  40. I hope you feel better soon Jerry. Really miss you. You and Don are the 2 best announcers in baseball. I like Dennis but you’re the Dawg…

Posted by Sandy Douglas | May 6, 2009, 7:38 pm
  41. get well soon! my son and i just can’t take the other guy. you always make us laugh.
    you are in our prayers.

Posted by maureen | May 6, 2009, 7:40 pm
  42. Hope you feel better soon, Jerry.
    The only time my wife watches the Red Sox with me is when you and Don are broadcasting together in the booth because she says “you make it fun”. I agree. Get well soon. We miss you.

Brian from Cape Cod

Posted by Brian | May 6, 2009, 7:49 pm
  43. Mr. Remy,

I can only say that you are missed and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Being a cancer survivor myself, I KNOW that you will make a full recovery.

Cherish your family at this time, but know how many people “feel” like they are “part of your family”!

Get well soon.

Emgoldrick

Posted by Eileen McGoldrick | May 6, 2009, 7:59 pm
  44. Dear Jerry,
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. YOU ARE THE RED SOX NATION! May God watch over you and your family to bring you back to the Red Sox Nation, your friends in New Hampshire and NESN Broadcasting very soon. You are deeply missed; …and… I must say that the guys that have been sitting in for you “kind of stink”.
    Love ya Jerry…..
    Get well soon…..
    I’ll Be Watching For You!!!!!

oxoxox

Posted by Gayle | May 6, 2009, 8:52 pm
  45. Jerry…I’ve been following the Sox since 1959…I’ve never enjoyed watching the Sox or the broadcasts as much as I do when you’re involved…you’re the best!!! Jeff, you’re a moron….when you’re dowm, remind me to kick you.

Posted by Steve | May 6, 2009, 8:56 pm
  46. Jerry, you are “Top Dawg.” Our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
    We are lost in Red Sox Nation without our President!

Posted by Elaine and Bob | May 6, 2009, 9:04 pm
  47. We miss you–the games are not the same. Get strong and be well–we are rooting for you and can’t wait to have you back where you belong.

Posted by boston chef | May 6, 2009, 9:48 pm
  48. Jeff

I just sat on jeff…wheww what a stink…

You are the Best, Jerry..

Posted by sal | May 6, 2009, 10:48 pm
  49. Jerry wishing you a complete recovery at your pace. You were a pro on the field and you are a pro off the field. We are thinking of you and your family daily

Posted by Neal | May 6, 2009, 11:03 pm
  50. Jerry,
    It’s not the same without you! Take care of yourself. We are holding your spot in our hearts until you return.
    Renee

Posted by renee | May 6, 2009, 11:11 pm
  51. Jerry, knew something was wrong,you have been gone to long. watching the game just isn’t the same (sorry don) wishing you speedy recovery, you and your family are in my prayers. eileen

Posted by Eileen Morrell | May 7, 2009, 10:20 am
  52. Jerry:

I Love Ya! Get Well Soon, and hurry back!!

Posted by Joanne | May 7, 2009, 11:01 am
  53. Get Well Jery!!! Sox Nation misses you!!

Posted by marita | May 7, 2009, 3:32 pm
  54. The state of Maine misses you,pray you get well soon.

Posted by Len Thibeau | May 7, 2009, 7:58 pm
  55. Jerry: Just asked my hubby…where’s Remy and heard the sad news!! It felt liked I got punched in the stomach….we ALL LOVE YOU…and miss you!!!
    (except for that A-Hole named “Jeff”…he SUCKS!!!)

Get well!! And hurry back…we need you!!!

Posted by kelly r | May 7, 2009, 8:25 pm
  56. Jerry, you & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. You and Don are unbeatable in the booth! Come back soon – we miss you lots.
    Judy

Posted by Judy | May 7, 2009, 8:25 pm
  57. Jerry get well soon, you and Don are the best. Every one misses you! It won’t be the same till you get back!

Posted by Paul McPherson | May 7, 2009, 10:45 pm
  58. Take good care, Jerry. God Bless you and your family.

Posted by Kiki in Maine | May 8, 2009, 8:36 am
  59. Jerry we miss you. You are in our prayers.I plan to be in Seattle Wa when the Red Sox are there. Plan to have a poster all made to be shown on TV by you. So get well soon.
    Betty burdick
    Salisbury , NH

Posted by Betty Burdick | May 8, 2009, 1:54 pm
  60. As a Yankee fan, sometimes you make me crazy, but it just isn’t the same without you! Get well soon!

Posted by Dianna | May 8, 2009, 2:46 pm
  61. Jerry, please get better we miss you, I just love to hear you and Don laughing it is contagious I just love you…. Patty

Posted by Patty Hayes | May 8, 2009, 6:59 pm
  62. Get Well soon, Jerry. When we walk the ACS Relay for Life this year, we’ll be walking for you.

Posted by Dave & Janice Guyette | May 8, 2009, 9:03 pm
  63. We miss you Jerry. God bless and get well….~Lar

Posted by Larry | May 8, 2009, 10:31 pm
  64. Jerry,
    We send our best to you and hope you make a full recovery real soon. We are HUGE Red Sox fans but it isn’t the same without you in the booth !

Posted by Bobbie & Jim | May 9, 2009, 2:38 am
  65. Jerry – all of us here in Connecticut wish you a speedy recovery. It just isn’t the same without you. You make us laugh and when watching some games that are 4 or 5 hours long, you make it worthwhile. I hope you a speedy recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

Posted by Sue | May 10, 2009, 9:07 pm
  66. we miss you, there is no one like you.
    Marie

Posted by marie | May 10, 2009, 9:12 pm
  67. There is only one “Remdawg”!! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. While “wintering” in Florida, listening to and watching Red Sox telecasts which are few and so not the same as when you add your “color” and insights. Can’t wait to get to MA and to hear your voice on NESN.

Posted by Joan Driscoll | May 11, 2009, 1:36 pm
  68. Jerry,
    After growing up in R.I. watching you play with the SOX, then so fortunate now living in FL. to get NESN via MLB and hear your Color commentary, is like being back home at Fenway. GOD SPEED for a recovery that will bring you back to Don. I love you both, it has been such fun to watch you enjoying each other & loving the game. God Bless you & your family.

Posted by Lynanne Mims | May 14, 2009, 12:03 am
  69. Jerry – you and Don are the best! I believe fans are loyal to the broadcasters – not the team. The players change, the uniforms change, the managers and coaches change but the broadcasters remain and are our link to the team. I love it the most when the game is boring and you and Don start laughing and you make Don not be able to breathe – he’s laughing so hard. Please take care and get well – we miss you so much.

Posted by "Sam" Higgins | May 14, 2009, 6:10 pm
  70. Hey Rem ya gotta get better.Your a great guy your family needs and wants you.Your nation needs you and the red sox tv games are not the same without you.Gods speed see you soon……..

Posted by Rich Smith | May 14, 2009, 6:35 pm
  71. Yo! jeff why not become a yankee fan you putz! Jerry the best! You know Jeff people like you should rot in hell. Remy me and my family love ya, wish you the best. Love the Andersons

Posted by steve anderson | May 17, 2009, 12:31 am
  72. I am a Yankee fan, but I wish Jerry a speedy recovery and best wishes!

Posted by Kate | May 17, 2009, 5:08 pm
  73. Dear Jerry,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Miss you so much on the NESN broadcasts that we get here in Florida. Only you can do the color and add so much for all of us. God bless you.
    Don and Nancy, North Port, FL

Posted by Don and Nancy, North Port, FL | May 18, 2009, 9:46 am
  74. Dear Remdaug — I miss you on the NESN broadcasts. Its just not the same without you. Wishing you a speedy recovery …

Posted by Janice, Rocky Hill, CT | May 19, 2009, 3:57 pm
  75. I miss you
    Get well and come back when you are ready to

Posted by Deb | May 20, 2009, 3:53 pm
  76. Remdawg, best and warmest wishes for a speedy recovery! We miss your presence in Maine! We all are anxiously waiting for your return!

Posted by Courtney | May 20, 2009, 7:40 pm
  77. Remy, you’ve read the comments about you being missed. You and Don together is what makes watching the RedSox that more enjoyable. I haven’t heard Don laugh since you’ve been away! Only you can get him to laugh like that! That speaks volumes. Get well soon!!

Jeannie

Posted by Jeannie | May 20, 2009, 9:15 pm
  78. Take your time and get healthy Remy. I listen to the games on the radio anyway.

Posted by Sox Fan | May 21, 2009, 1:40 am
  79. Jerry, All of us Cape Codders wish you well and hope you will be back in the booth with Don soon. It just ain’t the same without your wonderful sense of humor.

Posted by George | May 21, 2009, 9:38 pm
  80. Get better soon Jerry. You are really missed and the “JEFF” is a “Jacka–”. You are in my prayers.

Posted by Kate | May 22, 2009, 9:15 pm
  81. Jerry,
    No one they put in the booth with Don could ever replace you. We love you. Keep the faith and keep on fighting. We are all backing you up with thoughts and prayers. Go Sox!!
    The Joys from VT

Posted by The Joy Family | May 22, 2009, 10:26 pm
  82. Jerry, Hang in there and get your strength back. We need your sense of humor and great insights. Who else can keep Raymond in line??? Our Best from the Berkshires

Posted by The Ramsay Family | May 23, 2009, 8:06 pm
  83. [...] tandem.  Maybe the best in the bigs!  Hopefully, the Remdawg makes a speedy recovery in his battle with cancer.  Because my favourite number is two, here’s the snazzy TSN2 logo for your viewing [...]

Posted by Wakefield Whacks Jays | May 24, 2009, 3:51 am
  84. [...] tandem.  Maybe the best in the bigs!  Hopefully, the Remdawg makes a speedy recovery in his battle with cancer.  Because my favourite number is two, here’s the snazzy TSN2 logo for your viewing [...]

Posted by News about weeks Wakefield Whacks Jays | May 24, 2009, 4:05 am
  85. [...] tandem.  Maybe the best in the bigs!  Hopefully, the Remdawg makes a speedy recovery in his battle with cancer.  Because my favourite number is two, here’s the snazzy TSN2 logo for your viewing [...]

Posted by Crazy Bailey: Wakefield Whacks Jays | myMLB - Athletics | May 24, 2009, 1:53 pm
  86. [...] tandem.  Maybe the best in the bigs!  Hopefully, the Remdawg makes a speedy recovery in his battle with cancer.  Because my favourite number is two, here’s the snazzy TSN2 logo for your viewing [...]

Posted by Wakefield Whacks Jays | myMLB - Cardinals | May 24, 2009, 4:28 pm
  87. Missing you big-time! Love to hear your laughter again. You’re in my prayers. Get well soon.

Mary from Ipswich

Posted by Mary Amirault | May 24, 2009, 4:46 pm
  88. REM DAWG..you are the man..hope u get better soon because without u it doesnt feel like ur watchin a true red sox game on tv..u really show what baseball is supposed to be like..relaxing,fun, and well just the greatest sport around. hope to meet you someday..being only 17 im sure it will happen sometime..don orsillo is great too, u guys make a great pair of red sox commentators..as for jeff.. im sure hes just one of those guys who in school always tried to be the ass and never felt good unless he let someone down..idk how anyone could ever put someone like jerry remy down…jeff I suggest u spend less time on the computer and more time well u know where…

Posted by Dan Gagnon | May 25, 2009, 11:37 pm
  89. Get well soon… You are my favorite all time RED SOX player … the reason I played second base even though i was left handed . and also the reason my favorite number has always been 2

Posted by Tim Smelter | May 26, 2009, 9:34 pm
  90. Please, please ANYBODY but Buck Martinez.

Get well soon, Jerry. You’re the best.

Posted by Jon Smet | May 29, 2009, 8:00 pm
  91. [...] heard anything about the status of Jerry Remy, but it appears is very much alive and well as he continues to recover from the effects of lung cancer surgery. He posts updates nearly every day on his Twitter account (Follow Sports of Boston on Twitter!), [...]

Posted by Jerry Remy Health Update | Sports of Boston | June 2, 2009, 6:55 am
  92. Rem Dawg:

My girlfriend and I miss your broadcasts on NESN. WE hope you are doing well and will be back in your booth soon.

Get well.

Posted by Ronald "Herc" Wells | June 3, 2009, 9:49 pm
  93. Rem dawg,
    Hope you’re feeling better.
    Come back soon,
    Red Sox Nation isn’t the same without you.

Posted by Caroline Martha T. | June 4, 2009, 9:13 pm
  94. Jerry, Get well soon, NO one can fill your shoes!

Posted by Helyn Ray | June 5, 2009, 7:46 am
  95. I hope the rest is doing you well,The nation needs you back,I allways say the sox have the two best anouncers in the game,An the hardest working club house guys in the show. We need a guest apearence , throw us a REMDAWG bone please , We live in Ft.Myers,but spending the summer on the Cape . Get well sooner than later . You spoiled us.

Posted by GORDO ,I AM SENIOR GUARDO | June 5, 2009, 8:32 pm
  96. Remdawg! I miss you! Get well soon. It’s not the same without you making Don giggle! Take care and get back to us.

Posted by Lisa R | June 6, 2009, 7:40 pm
  97. It’s not the same watching the games without our Rem Dawg. Every game I’m in hopes you’ll be back making the game special like you are to Red Sox Nation.

Posted by Betty Burdick | June 11, 2009, 2:26 pm
  98. though very late in the game… to the fellow above jeff. its obvious your life hasnt been touched by cancer, nor any life changing illness…. and i hope it doesnt because i would never wish the pain the adversity it brings. On another note i hope something in your life that doesnt involve anyone else makes you realize the low life scumbag nature of your comment. your insensitivity is gut wrenching, i hope you grow up and quickly.

Posted by petie | June 11, 2009, 8:27 pm
  99. p.s. remy we miss you very much here in pittsfield. i hope you and your family are well. and wish the best for you.

Posted by petie | June 11, 2009, 8:28 pm
  100. get well quick remy!! Red Sox Nation needs its pres!!

Posted by mike | June 12, 2009, 6:37 pm
  101. Remdawg,

We miss you in Boyds, MD. Keep fighting, big fella!

Posted by Owen and Michaela | June 12, 2009, 9:29 pm
  102. Jerry, miss your great wit !! Actually, Dennis is coming up with some one liners that are quite funny and he doesn’t even know he’s doing it. Saying a prayer for your speedy recovery !!

Posted by Jeanne | June 15, 2009, 6:53 pm
  103. jerry, watching the game is not the same without you. get well soon

Posted by joe t | June 16, 2009, 9:40 pm
  104. Hey Jerry, we sure miss you in Conn. Hope you come back soon.

Posted by Ruth | June 19, 2009, 8:56 am
  105. Hi Jerry,
    Miss you! The games aren’t the
    same without your voice.
    Best wishes for a quick recovery.
    God bless you.
    Betty from East Hartford, CT

Posted by betty | June 20, 2009, 12:25 pm
  106. Hi Jerry….I hadn’t heard. Hope you are recovering and will be back soon. I lived in Orange County in the 70′s and went to many Angel’s games. You were a helluve second baseman!

John in Maine

Posted by John Coleman | June 26, 2009, 8:36 pm
  107. Jerry, you are missed! The nation hopes you are getting better. Your tidbits on all the players and the game really makes the show! That and the banter with Don. Hope you are well enough to rejoin the games soon. Be well!!

Posted by Katie | June 28, 2009, 2:28 pm
  108. Jerry hope that your better and on the road back to NESN soon as we miss you and pray for you. Hope to see you after the All-Star games. It’s not the same with out you.
    The Burdick family all miss you.

Posted by Betty Burdick | July 3, 2009, 10:17 am
  109. Jerry, Watching the Red Sox just isn’t the same with out you…We miss your funny stories!!You make us laugh! Get well soon.

Posted by Kelly and Dean | July 7, 2009, 7:59 pm
  110. I have been in Tampa for 4 baseball seasons and am returning to MA shortly for good. My family up there didn’t tell me what happened with you. My prayers are with you and your family. Take good care of yourself, heal your body Red Sox Nation misses your voice.

God bless you and your family.

Posted by Karin Duarte | July 12, 2009, 9:58 am
  111. Jerry:

I hope all is well with your recovery. One thing that will help your recovery speed up is watching ECK try and do your job. I think you know where I am going with this. Get well soon! We REALLY REALLY REALLY miss you. Maybe Don will let you use the NESN Helicopter when you are ready to make your return!!!!
    On a more serious note: Our prayers are with you and your family. Take care and may you have a smooth and speedy recovery Dave H

Posted by Dave H | July 19, 2009, 4:49 pm
  112. I keep looking and listening for updates about Jerry’s health progress and there is nothing. Why is this? So many people in Red Sox nation care. I know Jerry is a very private person but there must be something you can tell us.

A concerned fan.

Posted by Maria Toce | July 24, 2009, 8:04 pm
  113. Hey Jerry we all miss you COME BACK SOON

Posted by Patty | July 26, 2009, 8:43 pm
  114. I miss you every game, it’s not the same without you. Have a speedy recovery!

Posted by Mikki from Buffalo | July 29, 2009, 8:19 pm
  115. Hey Jerry .. We MISS you!! We are all very concerned …. NESN is not the same without you! I wish you and your family the best and hope you’re able to return soon!

Posted by greg | July 30, 2009, 12:50 pm
  116. All the best to you jerry.I live in montana and miss u on ur NESN telecasts greatly!!! Keep that air guitar goin buddy.

Posted by james | August 2, 2009, 8:37 pm
  117. [...] ⋅ August 5, 2009 at 3:32pm ⋅ Post a comment Jerry Remy has been out since May while recovering from off-season lung cancer surgery. According to his son Jared, Jerry is feeling much better and is now cancer-free. It still remains [...]

Posted by Jerry Remy Update: Cancer-Free | Sports of Boston | August 5, 2009, 3:32 pm
  118. Hey Jerry …. so glad you are feeling better. Can hardly wait for you to come back. You are such a riot on tv. I used to go down to spring training when you were at Winter Haven in the late 70s, early 80s. Take care of yourself. Come back as soon as you can!!!

Posted by Cheri Culleton | August 10, 2009, 7:20 pm
  119. [...] By Chris in Featured, Red Sox ⋅ August 19, 2009 at 10:48pm ⋅ Post a comment After a long battle with depression after lung cancer surgery, Jerry Remy is headed back to the broadcasting booth. [...]

Posted by Jerry Remy to Return on Friday Against Yankees | Sports of Boston | August 19, 2009, 10:48 pm
  120. [...] "Jerry Remy Signs Contract Extension with NESN" }); After a tumultuous 2009 that included a cancer scare, a lot of time off, and a bout with depression, Jerry Remy has returned to the Red Sox booth [...]

Posted by Jerry Remy Signs Contract Extension with NESN | Sports of Boston | July 22, 2010, 9:51 pm
  121. Gerry, Whatever you have, hope it’s not serious my friend, you and Don are the best team in baseball, we always look forward to the games you both are doing together on NESN, the Red Sox Nation wouldn’t be the same without you.

Get Well & God Bless you,

Joe & Irene Moreau

Posted by Joe & Irene Moreau | May 2, 2011, 8:04 pm
  122. Remdawg get well soon , we miss you in the booth its just not the same w/o you …. May God bless you Remy …

Posted by Medeiros Family | May 10, 2011, 3:52 pm
  123. Miss you Gerry. Please get better!! My husband and I watch all the games and cannot wait to listen to you and Don. Love your laugh. Hurry back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mary Ellen Gagnon | May 10, 2011, 7:11 pm
  124. Miss you, Jerry. My husband and I watch all the games and cannot wait to listen to you and Don. You really make it interesting! Hurry Back. WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mary Ellen Gagnon | May 10, 2011, 7:18 pm
  125. best wishes from Long Island NY REMDOG

red sox nation lives on

m quirk Brookhaven NY

Posted by marty | May 12, 2011, 4:42 pm
  126. we miss you jerry hope you have a speedy recovery and come back to us love ya

Posted by CLAIRE&EDDIE CONRAD | June 9, 2013, 2:18 pm