Michael Pineda Yankees’ Michael Pineda Ejected for Pine Tar Against Red Sox Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara Bruins Take Control of Series with 3-0 Win Over Red Wings Jacoby Ellsbury returns to Fenway Park, this time in a Yankees uniform. Should the Red Sox faithful bring out the boo birds? (The Boston Globe) To Boo or Not to Boo? Ellsbury Returns to Boston with Yankees Jacoby Yankees vs. Red Sox: Round 2 in Boston

Brett Favre to Sign with Vikings

Brett Favre

I can hear the figureheads at ESPN celebrating now, as their prodigal son hath returneth!

Of course, I’m talking about Brett Favre, who again decided to postpone his retirement for one more season, one more big fat paycheck ($10-12 million), and one more chance at inflating an already huge ego. Pending a physical (which I’m sure the team will do whatever they can to get him to pass), Favre will join the Minnesota Vikings to become their starting quarterback this season. Yes, folks, I guess Favre thinks he’ll look good in purple.

At 39, his physical skills have certainly diminished, but his cagey veteran instincts are sharper than ever. He played the waiting game with his biceps injury, and as a result he skipped all of training camp. Brilliant, Brett…brilliant!

So, Favre is back. Are any of you surprised?

Tags: , ,

8 comments for “Brett Favre to Sign with Vikings”

1. Thank God! At least 6 days had gone by and I hadn’t heard a Brett Favre story on ESPN. I was getting worried.

Poor Tavaris Jackson.

Posted by Pete | August 18, 2009, 1:55 pm
  2. “ESPN’s Prodigal Son”?….A Red Sox and Patriots fan (which I assume you are) shouldn’t have anything bad to say about ESPN. They love you guys. :)

Posted by Real Fake Sports | August 18, 2009, 3:17 pm
  3. Hey, at least it’ll be fun to see him go against the Packers twice this season. Ditto for next season, when he retires and comes back again.

Posted by John | August 18, 2009, 4:23 pm
  4. *Al Pacino voice* Just when I thought he was out…he FORCEFULLY INSERTS HIMSELF BACK IN!

Posted by Jon | August 18, 2009, 5:30 pm
  5. Real Fake Sports – I agree with the Red Sox comment, but not the Patriots. ESPN was much less than objective when it came to Spygate and has VERY few friends around Foxboro and New England now because of that

Posted by Jeff | August 19, 2009, 12:56 pm
  6. [...] Opinion, Patriots ⋅ August 20, 2009 at 6:39am ⋅ Post a comment Brett Favre announced on Tuesday that he would be returning to the NFL, signing a $25 million, two-year contract with the Minnesota Vikings. After last season, he [...]

Posted by Favre Returns to the NFL…Again | Sports of Boston | August 20, 2009, 6:39 am
  7. [...] 2009 at 4:00pm ⋅ Post a comment After waffling more than an IHOP chef, Brett Favre is back in action. He picked a great time to do it, too. On Friday at 8:00, Favre’s Vikings will face Matt [...]

Posted by Favre Versus Cassel: The Rubber Match | Sports of Boston | August 21, 2009, 4:01 pm
  8. [...] Kintz in Featured, Now!, Opinion ⋅ August 22, 2009 at 12:05pm ⋅ Post a comment With the announcement this week that the third incarnation of Brett “Farv-ruh” is upon us, I found myself re-evaluating my feelings on the sports figures I loathe most. I quickly found that [...]

Posted by Who Are Your Most Hated Sports Figures? | Sports of Boston | August 22, 2009, 12:06 pm