|Francona Wins Big in Return to Fenway||Connelly’s Top Ten: Rask Falls on Face||Bruins Lose 4-3 in OT as Rangers Fight to Stay Alive||For the Bulletin Board: Lundqvist’s “Lucky Bounces,” Savard’s “#ByeByeTorts”|
After a tumultuous 2009 that included a cancer scare, a lot of time off, and a bout with depression, Jerry Remy has returned to the Red Sox booth full-time this season. In his time back, it’s as if he never left. Sox games just aren’t the same without the Rem-Dawg and Don Orsillo, and NESN clearly feels the same why.
The network signed the 57-year-old Remy to a multi-year contract extension.
“Let’s say I’ll be around awhile,’’ Remy told the Globe. “There will be a time where it all comes to an end, but I don’t know when that’s going to be. It’s not any time in the near future, that’s for sure.’’
Remy also said that the negotiations were very smooth.
“It took about 10 minutes to do the whole contract. We sat down at a table, had lunch, and that was it,’’ Remy said. “I couldn’t be more pleased with how it went. We actually talked about [an extension] last year, but when I got sick it sort of got put on the back burner. So really it was just a matter of time. We picked it up this year and rolled with it.’’
Remy will broadcast his 3,000th game on Sunday.