So, it has come to this. One more week of action before we are forced to turn our attention to football, basketball, and hockey. I am currently holding a steady lead in my championship matchup. If victorious, it would be my first title since 2007, so that is exciting for me.
If you’re in a tight match, you need to consider a lot of factors such as teams fighting for playoff spots, or teams who have hung it up for the season. September call ups, massive hot streaks, and other factors can also make the difference in this final week of play.
I am here to bid you farewell, but not before I offer up a few last minute tidbits that can help swing things in your favor.
Sizzling Septembers (Offense)
- Mike Stanton (FLA): .272/7 HR/13 RBI
- Mike Aviles (KC): .358/6 HR/13 RBI
- Drew Stubbs (CIN): .301/6 HR/14 RBI/2 SB
- Danny Espinosa (WAS): .241/6 HR/15 RBI
- Carlos Beltran (NYM): .329/5 HR/13 RBI/2 SB
- Danny Valencia (MIN): .309/5 HR/17 RBI/1 SB
- Miguel Tejada (SD): .289/5 HR/17 RBI/2 SB
- Ryan Raburn (DET): .367/4 HR/15 RBI
- Freddy Sanchez (SF): .325/4 HR/10 RBI/1 SB
- Neil Walker (PIT): .284/4 HR/14 RBI
Sizzling Septembers (Pitchers)
- Ian Kennedy (ARI): 0-0, 24.0 IP, 0.75 ERA, 19 K
- Derek Lowe (ATL): 4-0, 25.0 IP, 1.08 ERA, 20 K
- Daniel Hudson (ARI): 3-0, 36.0 IP, 1.50 ERA, 28 K
- Fausto Carmona (CLE): 1-1. 34.2 IP, 1.82 ERA, 24 K
- Jhoulys Chacin (COL): 2-1, 30.1 IP, 1.48 ERA, 22 K
- Randy Wolf (MIL): 3-1, 29.2 IP, 1.21 ERA, 24 K
- Madison Bumgarner (SF): 1-2, 27.0 IP, 1.00 ERA, 25 K
- Edinson Volquez (CIN): 1-1, 21.2 IP, 1.66 ERA, 23 K
- Dillon Gee (NYM): 2-1, 27.0 IP, 2.00 ERA, 15 K
- James McDonald (PIT): 2-1, 29.0 IP, 2.48 ERA, 23 K
- The Reds’ magic number is 1. If they clinch a playoff spot, be on the watch for studs like Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips to take some days off.
- The Yankees and Rays are in a dead heat of the A.L. East. Start all players with confidence.
- The Padres, Giants, and Rockies are all fighting for the N.L. West and Wild Card spot and the race should be going down to the wire.
To those who are streaming pitchers in standard leagues, make note of the worst offenses in baseball. The Pirates (.241) and Mariners (.235) are at the bottom for team batting average. The Pirates go up against St. Louis and Florida in the final week, and the Mariners face off against Texas and Oakland.
To those looking to nab some valuable saves in the final week, these are widely available players who are making noise this month.
- Juan Gutierrez (9), Brandon Lyon (9), Hisanori Takahashi (6), Clay Hensley (5), Chris Perez (5), Koji Uehara (5)
Tags: Fantasy, Fantasy Baseball Wrap-Up