|Connelly’s Top Ten – Patriots Stink but Exciting; Poor Gronk||Patriots Lose Gronk But Complete Miraculous Comeback to Beat Browns, 27-26||Rob Gronkowski Torn ACL?||Fantasy Football Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em: Week 14 (Playoffs)|
* No doubt a great game by Paul Pierce in Game 2, but he is shooting 38% in the series
* Celtics are shooting 12% from the three-point land
* I wouldn’t offer Kevin Garnett more than $12mm for next year / Ray Allen $6mm for next year
* Prior to the Celtics triple overtime game in 1976 – Phoenix Coach John McLeod spoke about the Friday night drunk Celtics crowd made them nervous
* 15% of the season is over
* Is Kevin Youkilis thinking about his next career?
* Red Sox are 3-8 during the day
* Derek Lowe has four wins
* Red Sox are second to last in ERA at 5.45
* Red Sox catchers have thrown out 1 of 14 base stealers
* Sox pitchers have already thrown 11 wild pitches
Not good for the league to start with a strike and finish without Amare Stoudamire, Dwight Howard, and Derrick Rose.
* Crazy stat Mike Felger talked about – there were 83 blocked shots in the game to go along with the 95 shots on net
* Marc Staal of the Rangers played 49:34 over 63 shifts
* Jay Beagle of the Capitals and Chris Kreider of the Rangers combined for 61 minutes / 82 shifts / 0 shots
* Isn’t a bummer Bruins are out after one round – they seem to be “skating” pretty easy on this massive underachievement
Bruins were 31-15 with Nathan Horton and 22-17 without
* Has scored a record 68 goals this year in 57 games
* Ninth hat trick
In 268 games, Junior Seau never had a touchdown
Hats off to Nashville Predators for suspending two players, Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn. It’s similar to the suspensions Lou Holtz made in 1977 of his two Arkansas Razorbacks running backs prior to the Orange Bowl against #2 Oklahoma.
The Roger Clemens trial should be like the finale on Seinfeld where they bring characters in from his past to provide witness to his character
* Mindy McCready – “It was cool going out with the Rocket – he paid for my braces, my overdue library books and my BackStreet Boys lunch box.”
* John McNamara – “How could I send him out to the mound – he was in the fetal position crying ‘Mommy’”
* Terry Cooney – “Roger begged me throw him out of that playoff game”
* Suzy Waldman – “Oh my goodness gracious, Roger Clemens is juicing”
* Mike Piazza – “why did he throw the broken bat at me? Maybe he thought I took the last needle?”
* The other day during the big Manchester City – Manchester United match – alcohol was banned in the entire city
* Boston College Football – what the hell is going on over there – they just kicked out Montel Harris?
* Talk about over-compensation – Sports Illustrated spent 22 pages on the history of Title IX
* Terrell Suggs tears Achilles – too bad it wasn’t his larynx