|Connelly’s Top Ten: Who Cares About the Super Bowl||Surging Celtics To Clash With Cavaliers||Orlando Magic Snaps Boston’s 5-Game Winning Streak||Connelly’s Top Ten: Dog Day of Sports!|
* The Celts need Brandon Bass to give them a percentage of what James Posey did
* KG’s best four-game stretch in Celtic career
* Paul Pierce was yelling like Maria Sharapova
* Trade Rondo after the season
* Have a funny feeling that Ryan Hollins was tough in class as a kid
* 3:16 for a regular nine-inning game
* Felix Dubront throwing like an ace
* Will Middlebrooks down to .259
Papelbon is 11-11 in save opportunities.
Bird is a three-time MVP, two-time Finals MVP, Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year – anyone else close?
* Only Joe Torre and Kirk Gibson has won Coach of the Year and MVP (Jerry West never won MVP, but he won Executive of the Year twice)
Do you think former quarterback Eddie LeBaron ever said he only gets 18 days off? The 5’7″ star was a four-time All Pro with the Redskins who also served in Korea where he was wounded twice, received two Purple Hearts, was the Medal of Honor winner.
In the season 1993, 1994, 1997 – Doug Flutie threw 139 touchdown passes in the Canadian Football League.
I heard on one of the broadcasts that the Celtics are 20-1 in Rondo’s 21 triple doubles
In 1946, Tom Yawkey was named Executive of the Year / In 1953, Lou Perini was named Executive of the Year of the Braves
In honor of the Queen of Disco’s passing – some actors from Thank God It’s Friday (Donna Summer’s song Last Dance won the Oscar):
* Jeff Goldblum
* Deborah Winger
* Otis Day
* The Commodores
PS: Budget was $2.2mm
* The only halftime show I listen to is TNT with Shaq, Kenny Smith and Charles
* Jeff Van Gundy isn’t as good without Mark Jackson
* How many times is LeBron going to throw up on Dean Wormer
* How cool was it when Billy Jack hit the sheriff in the face?
* The New England Baseball Journal is a nice publication
* Wonder if Isiah Thomas said “Larry Bird is just an average Executive who is white”
* How fun would it be if another year goes by with LeBron winning
* Revolution are 4-6 and averaging 1.2 goals a game