|Connelly’s Top Ten: Comebacks, Championships and Doobie Brothers||Patriots 2014-2015 Position Review: Quarterbacks||Cubs Hire Manny, Youkilis to Try to Become ’04 Red Sox…Literally||Red Sox 2015 Preview: Buchholz, Porcello, Miley, Masterson, Kelly|
* They are a mediocre team – 53-53 is enough a sampling to figure it out
* At this pace, Lester will be ready for the post season
* Listening to Derek Lowe on 98.5 today – why not bring him back? Might as well have fun.
Only five Patriots quarterbacks with at least 10 touchdown passes threw more touchdowns than interceptions, which I find amazing:
* Youkilis……… 6 HR / 22 RBI / .246 average
* Middlebrooks: 4 HR / 15 RBI / .247 average
Beckett has a 4.09 ERA during his Red Sox career (Bill Lee was much better than him).
In Red Sox history: 61 pitchers with 500 innings or more had a lower ERA and 29 with over a 1,000 inning had a better ERA than him (he made more money than all of them!)
Reason number 1,004,621: I almost loaded up on Korea and the over in Badminton
The Celtics ended on June 9th and the Patriots started on July 26th, meaning the Red Sox were only exposed for 47 days.
Josh Beckett will not throw 150 innings this year, which will give him 470 innings over the last three years, which is $68,000 an inning.
The Red Sox have made three trades with the Yankees since 1972:
1997 – Red Sox send Randy Brown and Mike Stanley for Tony Armas, Jim Mecir
1986 – Red Sox send Mike Easler for Don Baylor
1972 – Red Sox send Sparky Lyle for Danny Cater and Mario Guerrero
Despite the terrible product, the Red Sox last night had 37,191 in the stands. According to Time Magazine, the average price per ticket is $151 at Fenway plus the $13 spent at the park on food, etc by each fan. This equals $6,062,133 in revenue for the game and $491,032,773 over a full season (haven’t even talked about revenue sharing or the television contract).
* Red Sox paid $11.13mm of Kevin Youkilis $12.25mm contract
* The Cardinal is the best bird, Hydrangea best shrub, Mint Chocolate Chip best flavor
* Richard Seymour so overrated
* Ughh – Lebron wins, traffic stinks, Red Sox stink, Bobby V situation is becoming a circus with players going up the back stairs to Bobby Grier, Bruins haven’t added anyone, College Football is a mess – BUT its Friday!