|Malcom Subban and Bruins Weekly Roundup||Stopping Jermaine Kearse Key for Patriots Defense||Connelly’s Top Ten: Patriots 24, Seattle 17||Relishing Time with New England, Darrelle Revis Talks Contract|
* ERA of three of the Red Sox relievers Sunday: Melancon 7.46 / Padilla 4.62 / Aceves 4.29
* Adrian Gonzalez is on pace for: 189 hits / 43 doubles / 16 HR / 98 RBI
* 8.5 innings took 3:14
* Bobby V. must be just crossing off the days to the end of the regular season when the Red Sox will pay him to go away
* Just think if the Red Sox do get that second wild card spot: They would have to fly from New York to California, burn their ace, and if they win, fly back to New York with Lester or Beckett to face Sabathia (read about the new playoff rules here)
* Red Sox have had under 37,000 fans at a game – ONCE!
* I was happy for Andy Murray realizing redemption in London after a devastating Wimbledon loss. NBC did a terrible job of coverage breaking away from his embrace with mother to show Federer and his leap as he ran onto the court.
* John McInroe has a good agent – he is on NBC, ABC, CBS, ESPN and Tennis Network
* Who would win in a race between Josh Beckett and Usain Bolt if they put fried chicken and beer on the finish line?
* I don’t care if it’s USA – I can’t root for Lebron
With Usain Bolt lighting up the world – wasn’t too long ago that Renaldo Nehemiah tried out for the NFL: 43 receptions / 754 yards / 4 TD
Deals so far by Ben Cherington (B+ for Free Agents / D- trades (and lack of trades)
* Free Agents Signed: David Ortiz, Kelly Shoppach, Nick Punto, Pedro Ciraco, Aaron Cook, Vicente Padilla, Cody Ross, Mauro Gomez
* Received in Trade: Mark Melancon, Andrew Bailey, Clayton Mortensen, Chris Carpenter, Aaron Kurcz, Marlon Byrd, Brent Lillibridge, Zach Stewart, Jose De La Torre, Craig Breslow, Scott Podsednik
* Gave in Trade: Jed Lowrie, Kyle Weiland, Miles Head, Josh Reddick, Raul Alcanatra, Marco Scutaro, Jair Bogaerts, Hunter Cervenka, Michael Bowden, Kevin Youkilis, Brent Lillibridge, Lars Anderson, Matt Albers, Scott Posednik
Summary – you gave up Major Leaguers: Lowrie, Reddick, Scutaro, Youkilis and Albers and got nothing back
Is anyone concerned about the Patriots offensive line?
Gallery quits, Solder always hurt, Light gone, Mankins still recovering from being blown up in Super Bowl…
Aceves 4.29 ERA seems high for a Red Sox Closer – don’t you think?
* Tom Gordon….3.15
* Lee Smith…….3.04
* Jeff Reardon….3.41
In 1986-1987 season, Kevin McHale averaged: 26.1 points / 9.9 rebounds / 2.6 blocks / shot .604 from the floor
In follow-up to Bobby Valentine’s mock of Will Middlebrooks with the “nice inning” comment (I have had Little League coaches say worse things to me), Bobby in 1972 at third base:
* 38 games started at third base
* 115 chances
* 14 errors
* .878 fielding percentage
* This is worse than Butch Hobson’s 1978 season when he had 43 errors and a .899 fielding percentage
Worst winning percentage for a coach in the NFL playoffs:
* Jim Mora – 0-6 (.000)
* Wade Phillips 1-5 (.167)
* Jack Pardee 1-5 (.167)
* Sid Gillman 1-5 (.167)
* Steve Owen 2-8 (.200)
* Wayne Fontes 1-4 (.200)
* Local Keegan Bradley earns $1,400,000 by winning the Firestone
* Coolest American League logo: Tigers old English D and then the Orioles bird
* Wicked muggy this weekend
* What does Rajon Rondo do in the offseason when the best in the NBA are showcasing themselves in the Olympics?
* By the way – I think I’m right about the product placement during Red Sox games – they focused on a Bud Light vendor for 30 seconds Friday night