|Bruins Acquire RW Brett Connolly||Patriots Linebacker Dont’a Hightower Out 6-7 Months||Connelly’s Top Ten: Celtics on Exciting Run but Lose 26-Point Lead||Connelly’s Top Ten: Comebacks, Championships and Doobie Brothers|
* Sox are only team in baseball with a losing record that has scored more runs than given up
* When Bobby Valentine comes to the mound and Adrian Gonzalez joins them, is he taking notes for L.L.?
* Considering the fact that Carl Crawford has publicly stated he wants the Red Sox to allow him to get surgery – hasn’t he set up the team for a huge lawsuit if he blows it out?
* Was Carl Crawford crying or sweating?
* How does Big Papi get faster and more pop this year and Ellsbury get slower and no bat speed?
* Interesting to watch Ichiro in batting practice trying to pull the ball into the bleachers and then goes and does it twice in the game
Wilt Chamberlain – Jerry Chambers, Archie Clark, Darrall Imhoff
Pau Gasol – Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol, Donte Green, Greivis Vazquez
Kareem – Brian Winters, Elmore Smith, Dave Meyers, Junior Bridgeman
Kobe Bryant – Vlade Divac
Dwight Howard – Chris Eyenga, Andrew Bynum, two first round picks, Josh McRoberts
Jamal Wilkes – Purvis Short
Bob McAdoo – Kevin Williams
Connie Hawkins – Fred Saunders and Keith Erickson
Health of a teams starting pitching rotation is key to any successful team – so far the top five pitchers for the Sox have 99 starts (Lester 25 / Dubront 22 / Buchholz 21 / Beckett 21 / Cook 10) – how about leaders in each division?
* Reds (121) – Cueto 25 / Latos 25 / Arroyo 24 / Bailey 24 / Leake 23
* Washington (115) – Gonzalez 25 / Zimmerman 24 / Strasburg 24 / Jackson 23 / Detwiler 19
* Dodgers (108) – Kershaw 25 / Capuano 25 / Billingsly 24 / Harang 24 / Evoldi 10
* Yankees (106)- Kuroda 25 / Nova 24 / Hughes 24 / Sabatha 20 / Garcia 13
* Texas (99)- Harrison 24 / Darvish 23 / Holland 19 / Lewis 16 / Feldman 15
* White Sox (96) – Peavy 24 / Floyd 22 / Sale 21 / Humber 16 / Quintana 15
Alfonso Soriano got his 1,000 RBI, which is 27th amongst active players – who is top ten?
1. A Rod – 1,937
2. Jim Thome – 1,695
3. Chipper Jones – 1,615
4. Albert Pujols – 1,413
5. Jason Giambi – 1,405
6. Bobby Abreu – 1,347
7. Todd Helton – 1,345
8. Carlos Lee – 1,342
9. David Ortiz – 1,324
10. Paul Konerko – 1,318
* How big is Ed Hoculi going to be after the lockout?
* Personal computer time at work is going to be through the roof with Fantasy Football drafts around the corner
* Washington has gone from Gilbert Arenas and his gun to Steve Strasburg, Bryce Harper and RG III
* Can you imagine if the NFL went public what the initial offering would be?
* Where do Oakland Raider fans store their gear in the offseason?
* Aviles – 110 games: 11 HR / 52 RBI / .255 average / 12 errors / .977 %
* Scutaro – 115 games: 6 HR / 48 RBI / .282 average / 6 errors / .984 %
Since Paul Pierce was drafted in 1998, the Celtics have drafted 26 players (not counting this year) and only two are on the roster: Avery Bradley and Jeff Green
Overrated Yankee hitters:
* Tony Kubek – .266 career hitter
* Joe Pepitone – .258 career hitter
* Phil Rizzuto – .272 hitter with 38 home runs
* Roy White – .271 career hitter
* Graig Nettles – .253 career hitter
* Joe Gordon – .271 career hitter and he’s in the Hall of Fame
* Gene Michael – .233 career hitter with 12 home runs
Deaths on major construction projects:
Panama Canal – 22,000
Hoover Dam – 112
Brooklyn Bridge – 27
Chunnel – 10
Empire State Building – 5
* Did you see the 36th hole of the US Amateur? Michael Weaver who had been up two holes with two to go, had his putt on 18 halfway down when it rimmed out leading to his loss on the 37th hole
* Other than Nomo has there been another Asian pitcher worth the fuss?
* Bad weekend for Millsie (the Francona coaching tree is not quite Bill Parcells)
* I wonder what Julian Edelman will be for Halloween this year?
* I wonder if baseball players even talk about PED in the locker room or if its taboo because so many of them are on it
* Flipping around the channels this weekend I saw the NCAA national championship for skateboarding on tape – yikes (I guess they don’t drug test in that sport)
* Matt Holiday and David Freese of the Cardinals combined to be 0-15 Sunday in their 19 inning loss to the Pirates
* Traffic alert for tomorrow again everyone with Patriots traffic