|Red Sox Reportedly Make Deal with Chili Davis for Hitting Coach||Connelly’s Top Ten: Patriots Off – Winter is Coming||Peyton Manning Sets All-Time TD Record in First Half vs. 49ers||Can Jared Sullinger Become a Legitimate Deep Scoring Threat?|
* Sox Starting pitchers in the Angel season (Cook, Buchholz, Morales) gave up an amazing 29 hits in 13 innings
* Pedro Ciriaco has SEVEN three-hit games (or more hits) already this season
* Reliever ERA update: Melancon – 6.48 / Bailey 4.50 / Padilla 4.35 / Aceves 4.60
* Is it possible no one texted Padilla to tell him no one was going to the funeral?
* How many Red Sox were disappointed when Cody Ross tied up the game in the 9th?
* 410 pitches in one game
* Three blown saves in same game (NESN)
* Aceves has eight losses!
A collection of bad people who make more money than a town’s payroll – they can’t get off their ass and go to Johnny Pesky’s funeral – insane. Should have made it mandatory!
* Youkilis is called out by Bobby V.
* Pedroia calls out Bobby V.
* Text message upstairs
* Beckett playing golf
* Buchholz leaves hospital for Connecticut casino
* Lackey double fisted in locker room – against originally stated drinking policy (though he was on the road, which is “OK”)
* Sunflower seeds being thrown at coach
* Picture of Bobby V lying down tweeted
* Middlebrooks – “nice inning”
* Tampa Bay 437-335 / $286mm
* Red Sox 428-344 / $753mm
List from Sports Business Journal:
1. Mike Slive – Commissioner of SEC
2. Jim Delany – Commissioner of Big 10
3. John Skipper – President ESPN / Burke Magnus – College programming ESPN
4. Mark Emmert – NCAA President
5. Larry Scott – Commissioner of PAC 10
6. President of BCS
7. John Swofford – ACC Commissioner
8. Phil Knight – NIKE
1997-2000 – 5 (age 21-24)
2001 – 2005 – 5 (age 25-30)
2006 – 2008 – 4 (age 31-33)
2009 – 2012 – 0 (age 34-36)
* Whats the over-under for games for Brandon Spikes – 11?
* Question was posed – would you trade Tom Brady for Andrew Luck – yes is my answer
* Speaking of Tom Brady – I have to link this audio after the Tom Brady accident a couple years back – so funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeq2_Of3cHU
* Why can’t they go back to Pat Patriot on the helmet?
* I don’t think Ryan Mallet scored high on SAT’s
In 1982, Ricky Henderson was thrown out stealing FORTY-TWO times while stealing 130 bases:
Local amateur baseball leagues and when they started:
Actors Hall of Fame, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…would these be actors be in or not?
Not in Hall of Fame – Tom Cruise, Leonardo DeCaprio (not yet), Eddie Murphy, Johnny Depp, John Travolta, Tommy Lee Jones, Nicholas Cage, Brad Pitt, Dennis Quaid, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sean Connery, Bill Murray, Kevin Costner, Richard Gere
In Hall of Fame – Edward Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robin Williams, Harrison Ford, Matt Damon, Liam Neeson, Denzel Washington, Michael Douglas, Russell Crowe
* The 1-0 Colorado-Mets game took 3:10
* Interesting that the Fighting Henry’s from England are illegally going after Clint Dempsey
* Bartolo Colon on the juice – I would have been more shocked if he wasn’t
* How long before a Little Leaguer tests positve?
* Felix Hernandez, at this pace, won’t win 200 games (97-72 after eight years) – will he be a Hall of Famer?
* Give Skip Bayless credit for saying what others are wondering – Jeter is having his best year while he’s losing hair
* Laying ground work for BC’s 3-win season at the Heights with Globe headline: “Injuries mount for Spazani”