|Eduardo Rodriguez Dazzles in Red Sox Debut||Connelly’s Top Ten: Red Sox Need DeflateGate Back||Willie McGinest gets voted into the Patriots Hall of Fame||Houston Texans (And Some Former Patriots) to be Featured on HBO’s Hard Knocks|
* Blanket Dinner is 10/9 at Doubletree/Hilton in Cambridge featuring speaker Jeff Idelson – President of the Baseball Hall of Fame – $60 includes three course dinner, speaker, auction – its a bargain!
* Dustin Pedroia has a chance to hit .300
* Why didn’t they move Ellsbury at trade deadline?
* Look at the names of Yankees and Red Sox that are playing in September against each other: Nunez, Pearce, Dickerson / Nava, DeJesus, Iglesias, Gomez, Ciriacio, Larvnaway
* Yankees only had two players hitting over .300 – Jeter and Nunez
* Really? 3:11 for a 2-0 game
* Mark Melancon has worked his ERA down to 6.92
* BenJarvus Green-Ellis has only had one game (136 yards vs Jets last year) in which he ran for more yards than Stevan Ridley did on Sunday (125 yards)
* Brady is 27-4 in his last 31 regular season games – have we been spoiled?
* Brian Waters coming back in late October would be great timing
* Look for embattled Arkansas to cover the twenty points against Alabama this weekend
* Isn’t it foolish for UMass to travel over 90 miles for their home games and play in front of 12,000 fans?
Number of LPGA events won by golfers with Asian roots this year: 14 of 20
Hats off to the Pawtucket Red Sox who won the International League. I was surprised at the size of Pawtucket Red Sox crowds during the finals at McCoy Stadium which sits 10,031.
Game 1 – 3,193
Game 2 – 3,525
* No pitcher in the American League will win 20 games
* Phillies are 18-6 over their last 24 and charging toward Wild Card
* Who is this Chase Headley guy for the Padres who has over 100 RBI?
* Josh Hamilton’s bad year – 47 home runs / 138 RBI (pace)
* If the Orioles somehow win the World Series, is Buck Showalter a Hall of Fame manager?
Lowest winning percentages of Hall of Fame pitchers:
The first NFL completion by Tom Brady was made to Rod Rutledge for six yards on Thanksgiving 2000.
Will Derek Jeter get the Lifetime Achievement Award MVP like they gave to Al Pacino for Scent of a Woman over Robert Downey Jr for Chaplin
* Gene DeFilipo and Jim Calhoun leaving their post at such strange times in the seasons makes you wonder?
* First, I am a big Mike Felger fan – but for years he has been killing Boston College and his tacit defense of his BU hockey team’s behavior was hypocritical
* I think NHL negotiators should go in the “dark room” with Marc Savard because they are out of their minds going to lock-out again
* Sports fans put on your bucket list – All-Ireland Irish Football – done in 85 minutes, they are amateurs, 80,000 fans are crazy (but behaved)
* All over New England, season ticket holders will be prepping for tailgating by marinating, packing, putting on their Haggar stretch waste slacks and getting ready to be treated to the greatest team, quarterback and coach in NFL history