|Smart Era Gets Off to a Good Start with Win over T’wolves||2015 Red Sox Pitching Outlook (So Far…)||Connelly’s Top Ten: Jets Will Meet De-Feet, Rondo Brings Bricks to Dallas and Naked Gun||Celtics Send Rondo to Mavs in Exchange for Pupu Platter|
* If Wes Welker’s career ended today, he would be in the Hall of Fame
* Over / Under on Bob Kraft being shown – I say before 2 minutes has elapsed of the second quarter
* Bill Belichick in the land of Churchill – fitting
* Odds that the Brady’s cross with power couple, the Beckhams: 60%?
* In England, the hooligans won’t stand for such porous secondary play – they will throw a flare at you
* San Francisco is a cool park and city
* How did the Panda get on top of that Verlander fast ball?
* As long as the Yankees aren’t there
Only positions not to be represented by winning the coveted milestone – Shortstop / Catcher
1b – Jimmie Foxx / Lou Gehrig
2b – Nap Lajoie / Roger Hornsby
3b – Miguel Cabrera
LF – Ted Williams / Yaz / Joe Medwick
CF – Mickey Mantle /
RF – Frank Robinson / Chuck Klein
* Red Sox traded Marco Scutaro and then the Red Sox traded his replacement for a coach who has never had a winning season
* David Ortiz – we’ll see how tough Ben Cherrington is now – (2 years / $20mm and no more)
* Was Bobby V wrong about David Ortiz?
* Would you bring back free agent Marco Scutaro?
* Would you trade Ellsbury, Barnes and Iglesis for Felix Hernandez and then sign Michael Bourn?
* Would you sign Melky Cabrera and make him donate 25% of his salary to drug rehab centers in Boston and take monthly blood tests
* How about Ichiro…and don’t underestimate Juan Pierre – he’s one level beneath a Hall of Famer
Rushing attempts in a season by a Patriot running back under Belichick:
1. Corey Dillon (2004) – 345
2. Stephan Ridley (2012) – 309 pace
3. Antowain Smith (2001) – 287
4. Antowain Smith (2002) – 252
5. BJGE (2010) – 229
* Alabama is a 24-point favorite over undefeated Mississippi State (7-0)
* Game of the week is Kansas State vs. Texas Tech (Florida bores me)
* Baylor vs. Iowa State fun game
* Auburn will be 1-7 after Saturday, just two years after “convincing” Cam Newton to come to Auburn
* Charlie Weis is 1-6 in Kansas and it looks like they will end 1-11
* Oregon is a 47-point favorite over the once proud program of Colorado
* Coach O’Brien can exert himself as a legit coaching force with an upset of Ohio State this weekend coming off an off week
Who benefited from hitting behind the last five Triple Crown winners:
2012 – Prince Fielder……..30 / 108 / .313
1967 – George Scott…….19 / 82 / .303
1966 – Brooks Robinson..23 / 100 / .269
1956 – Yogi Berra………..30 / 105 / .298
1947 – Sam Mele…………12 / 73 / .302
Sam Cunningham fumbled 22 times in 1973 and 1975 combined on just 234 carries
I”ve said for years the Celtics should have an annual game on St. Patrick’s Day – at home on March 17th they are 13-1 (NBA.com)
* The city of New Orleans is overrated
* Yankees not winning last week was the highlight of the month
* Lance Armstrong – was it all worth it?
* Go pick me out a winner Bobby
* How could the California Seals take themselves serious with white skates?
* Why couldn’t Tim Wakefield pitch after a year off?
* I predict Dice K is done
* Remember the Titans is overrated