|Tom Brady was at Gillette Stadium while Patriots were at White House||Trading Lucic to the Oilers Makes Sense for Both Sides||Connelly’s Top Ten: Bully Cavs Abuse Celtics, Loscutoff Breaks TV||Connelly’s Top Ten: Celts play hard, Sox who cares, Crazy Brothers|
Twenty-five pitchers are making at least $13mm a year – of those 25 only 4 have an ERA under 3.00:
Felix Hernandez – 2.43
Hiroki Kuroda – 2.51
AJ Burnett – 2.96
John Lackey – 2.95
* Four others have an ERA of 4.00 or less
* Seven others have an ERA of 5.00 or less
Can never get enough of this mock Tom Brady accident 911 call:
Beltre since leaving the Red Sox three years ago –
* Average .310 (461-1489) / 103 HR / 299 RBI / 268 runs / Two Golden Gloves
* Beltre was paid $45mm for those three years / Red Sox paid, in those three years, Stephen Drew, Carl Crawford, JD Drew $38mm (I bet they could have had Beltre for $40mm if they offered early)
* Bill Lee – 94 wins
* Ray Culp – 71 wins
* Rick Wise – 47 wins
* Al Nipper – 42 wins
Chuck Finley……..200-173 (.536%) / 467 starts / 63 cg / 15 shut outs / 3.85 era/ 1.376 whip
CC Sabathia………200-110 (.645%) / 404 starts / 37 cg / 12 shut outs / 3.55 era / 1.223 whip
George Uhle……..200-166 (.546%) / 368 starts / 232 cg / 21 shut outs / 3.99 era / 1.405 whip
Tim Wakefield…..200-188 (.526%) / 463 starts / 33 cg / 6 shutouts / 4.41 era / 1.350 whip
Miami Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays are averaging a combined 35,206 fans a game
Buchholz’s career splits by month…
STARTS / RECORD / ERA:
April…….24 / 12-8 / 4.16 ERA
May……..25 / 12-3 / 3.59 ERA
June……..14 / 11-1 / 2.36 ERA
July……….13 / 3-6 / 4.21 ERA
August…..22 / 9-6 / 3.82 ERA
Sept……….20 / 8-8 / 3.55 ERA
* That makes him 35-12 in April, May and June / 20-20 in July, August and Sept
* Jim Lonborg started 7 games in 30 days in September of 1967 alone
Only one Red Sox pitcher won a Gold Glove – Mike Boddicker in 1990 with a .966 fielding % (Matt Young’s was .625% in 1992)
Despicable Me 2 has grossed $287mm in three weeks, which is more than Oscar winners Deer Hunter, Ordinary People, Ghandi, Amadeus, Hurt Locker and The Artist COMBINED!
* Why don’t teams run the halfback pass more?
* Why don’t tall guys take 500 hook shots a day?
* Why doesn’t every baseball nut work on a knuckler every day?
* Why doesn’t Steve DeOssie run a long snap camp for big kids who love football
* Do kids play street hockey anymore?
* How many kids under 10 have played kick the can?
* How come root beer and grape tonic are distinct?
* Hershey Kisses – overrated
* Red Sox had a great Darryl Strawberry chant in 1986 – “Just say No”
* I can’t stand Lebron – he has some A-Rod in him
* Watched the Knuckleball on Showtime – very professional documentary
* Think Seguin has been cow tipping yet?
* Train accidents in Spain, Quebec and Connecticut – things that make me go hmmmmm
* How long before Chatham has to stretch shark nets out 30 feet from shore
* Remember Puffperbellies in the Cape / Aquarius in Quincy / Sean’s in Faneuil Hall