|Connelly’s Top Ten: Harper Drop, Officials Desperate to be Liked, Run Out Clock||There’s Hope for a Hanley Trade||Marcus Cannon and Aqib Talib are Keys to Pats vs Broncos||Connelly’s Top Ten: Belichick’s Greatest Move|
* How cool is the Giants stadium?
* Yankees have won 5 straight since Dempster on A=Rod (only 3.5 out of wild card)
* Speaking of Dempster – how about Big Papi throwing him under the bus – quite a teammate
* Iglesias is hitting .302 in Detroit
* Is Ellsbury the fastest Red Sox ever?
* Funny people are talking about Lackey like he’s the ace – he’s 8-10
* Salty on pace for 43 doubles – that’s Jody Reed like
* Can’t believe Phil Plantier wasn’t a 10 year stud for the Red Sox
* Watching Detroit throw cheap shots and get 15 yard flags and have no coach in their face is absurd – that team is the biggest underachieving team and undisciplined – I would fire Schwartz today (11 penalties for 102 yards)
* Wow is Brady feeding Thompkins / 8 rec for 116 yards
* Hold on to the ball boys / 3 fumbles
* A perfect year for Welker would be 100 catches / 1,000 yards / Amendola hurt
* Can the Patriots match aggressive teams – ie. Ravens, Giants, Lions?
* No Tebow could mean No Tebow
Why didn’t Marvin Hagler hit Sugar Ray for the first three rounds – things that make me go hmmm?
1. Braxton Miller – 9-2
2. Jadeveon Clowney 6-1
3. Teddy Bridgewater 9-1
4. AJ McCarron 10-1
5. Marcus Marriota 12-1
6. Aaron Murray 14-1
6. Taj Boyd 14-1
6. TJ Yeldon 14-1
9. Johnny Football 15-1
From age 30 on:
* Ken Griffey hit .262 (1039–3969)
* Ted Williams hit .336 (1360-4051)
December 13th 1933 – Bruins vs. Maple Leafs – old school hockey:
* Eddie Shore charges Ace Bailey knocks him unconscious into convulsions with a 5 inch skull fracture
* Shore was then knocked out by Maple Leaf Red Horn right hook and received 7 stitches in head – x rays showed no skull fracture
* Everett citizen Leonard Kenworthy was punched in the face by Leaf coach Connie Smythe outside the locker room – the coach was then arrested and released on $100 bail the following morning
* Boston Homicide police were brought in to investigate in case Bailey died
After missing a full year:
* Ted Williams (1946) – 38 HR / 123 RBI / .342
* Tom Brady (2009) – 28 TD to 13 INT – 65.7% completion
* Larry Bird (1989) – 24.3 points / 9.5 rebounds / 7.5 assists
In May of 1930, a sold out Boston Garden of 20,000 individuals gathered to rally for prohibition and defend the Volstead Act
* For you guys that play pick up basketball – youtube “pickup basketball stereotypes” hilarious
* So why did the Connecticut Little League coach take out his ace in the 6th inning with a chance to put his team in the American Championship?
* Astros have to go 9-27 to win 50 games / the Astros have winning records this season over the Angels (9-7) / White Sox (3-1) / Texas and Oakland are 26-5 against them
* The left field foul pole at the Polo Grounds was 279 feet from home / 505 feet to center
* Vision Quest great soundtrack – Journey, Madonna, Foreigner, Quarterflash, REO Speedwagon, Don Henley, John Waite
* Looking at Remy’s kid, the kids that killed the baseball player in Oklahoma, the pastor in Brockton – how are we different that a 3rd world country?
* If I’m Ryan Braun, I donate my entire salary next year to a charity
* Don’t forget cool 5K route for the Franklin Park road race with proceeds going the Blanket Fund beneficiary – sign up! https://www.racemenu.com/events/29921-Run-Wild-5K?rm=414471