|Malcom Subban and Bruins Weekly Roundup||Stopping Jermaine Kearse Key for Patriots Defense||Connelly’s Top Ten: Patriots 24, Seattle 17||Relishing Time with New England, Darrelle Revis Talks Contract|
* I like Peavy’s emotional moments / a complete game who would have guessed it (Maybe Lester could have got one Saturday) – three good starts in LA
* How about the 2:05 game Friday – that keeps fans and infielders interested
* What’s wrong with society – lack of accountability – Carl Crawford was paid by the Red Sox $36mm for 161 games / .260 hitter / 126 K to 26 BB and Boston is to blame?
* Adrian Gonzalez has to play on Sunday night — he must be unhappy
* Surprising Ellsbury and Pedroia have hit into a combined 27 double plays
* Dale Arnold relayed a tweet he saw that made a lot of sense – with Ortiz coming out against Dempster it assures him of not being the target of Yankee pitchers looking for revenge
* Lackey is on pace to win 10 games which he will be paid $1,800,000 a win
* Matt Cassel 2008 preseason – 19 for 34 (55.9%) / 0 TD to 1 INT / 56.6 QB Rating
* Ryan Mallett 2013 preseason – 32 for 60 (53.3%) / 2 TD to 0 INT / 80.6 QB Rating
* Oakland A Grant Balfour is 32 for 33 in save opportunities
* Alex Gordon is leading baseball with 11 outfield assists – Dwight Evans had 15, 15, 14, 15 (in 75 / 76 / 78 / 79)
* In 62 games in 2008 Arizona State teammates Ike Davis and Brett Wallace combined to hit .398 / 38 HR / 159 RBI — in their four years in the majors .243 / 92 HR / 309 RBI
* Speaking of Arizona State –their teammate Jason Kipnis is turning into a star with the Indians – 16 HR / 74 RBI / .285 / 23 SB
* Wisconsin is favored by 44 over U Mass next week
* If Johnny Manziel eligibility isn’t resolved by their first game and the Aggies play him – do they have to forfeit those wins if decision is bad?
* If Boston College does well – how long before their coach leaves
* Fun teams to watch this year Louisville, South Carolina, Baylor, Vanderbilt
* University of Texas Football generated $163mm in revenue last year
On Monday, Jeter, ARod and and Ichiro will be in the same lineup representing an incredible 8,949 hits between them
Pittsburgh Pirates teammates Manny Sanguillen and Roberto Clemente finished their careers with 1,500 hits and 3,000 hits respectively
Tiger in majors and not majors:
Majors……………..+ 14 / average finish 22nd (4 tournaments)
Non-Majors…….. – 72 / average finish 13th (8 tournaments)
This should be echoed by an American runner this year before the 2014 Boston Marathon – Prior to the 1917 Boston Marathon bricklayer William Kennedy said to his fellow American runners: “Americans should endeavor this year above all others to prove to the world that America is supreme in all branches of endeavor.” He then went out and won it himself!
How would you like to be the descendants of Major General Charles Devens? You have your name and efforts from the Civil War memorialized by a fort. Now your name is associated with the reprobates like Suspect II as it is now partially a prision
* Two time Vezina winner Tim Thomas not signed by anyone seems foolish despite his radical beliefs
* Did you see the Saturday Night Live spoof on Tottenham coach
* Saw some Ann Taylor hats and scarves on the mothers of the Westport Little League players leading me to check the median house price of houses sold so far in 2013 in the town – $1,269,680
* Good Sports Illustrated this week with articles on hitting, Brad Stevens, Marion Bartoli and London Fletcher
* Lot of U Hauls in Boston dropping off college students
* Lot of employees searching Fantasy football candidates at the office
* Sourdough bread stinks – why would anyone eat something with the word sour in it?