|Connelly’s Top Ten: Celts play hard, Sox who cares, Crazy Brothers||Another Hard-Fought Loss: Celtics Lose 103-95, Go Down 3-0 in Series||2015 New England Patriots Schedule and Predictions||Red Sox Weekly Round Up: Starting Pitchers Post League Worst ERA|
5K Road Race inside Franklin Park Zoo on September 22nd with a portion of proceeds going to the Blanket Fund / St. Francis House
* Thompkins one of the worst games I ever saw a receiver have – falling to the ground on catches (including slant that should have been TD before Brady fumble) / not getting his feet in bounds / being muscled by McKelvin / not reversing field in the back of the end zone / tripping coming out of his break (as did Sudfeld, leading to an interception)
* AMAZING STAT WARNING – Thompkins was targeted 14 times and caught four balls
* Brandon Lloyd a lonely Patriot Nation turns its lonely eyes to you (I would sign him)
* Great game by Amendola but watching his health is like watching Pedro’s pitch count
* With both starting running backs benched – Fred Jackson and Shane Vereen combined for 264 total yards
* Danny Connolly can’t take that penalty
* As soon as Ridley fumbles he must dread film day
* Why were the receivers cutting the bubble screen back to the middle where the pursuit was coming from
* No separation for receivers or tight ends
* Blount looked slow
* Has anyone seen Patrick Pass and Steven Ridley in the same place?
* Trick or Treat with Edelman
* Brady got knocked down a lot
* Brady is the greatest QB sneaker of all time and they decide to run something outside on the one and he fumbles?
* Thought Brady failed to recognize some defenses, both blitzes and defenders dropping back into coverage
* I’ve never seen Brady throw so many fastballs
* Brady 2 for 5 in the Red Zone – has to be one of his worst ever
* Was it me or did I see Denard push the referees hand away from him after his stupid 15 yard penalty?
* Did Bianca have Vince laying mulch – I didn’t see him
* When is Hightower gonna step up his game?
* As usual for Mayo – a lot of tackles – 15 – but you don’t see many game changers
* Best players on the defense – Gregory, Arrington, Kelly
* What a start a kickoff return to the 13 yard line – bring back Raymond Clayborn
* Zoltan Mesko must be sitting at home wondering what happened
* I was nervous watching Ryan Allen hold for the winner
* Great game by Gostkowski on field goals but also kick offs that were deep and directional
* Huge drop by big mouth Steven Johnson (love the reaction of his coach)
* First play of the game was a penalty for the Bills – finished with 10 for 75 yards
* Defense was formidable
8:35 of the third quarter
* Brady QB Rating 76.4 / Manuel 105.5
* Pats 89 plays to Bills 61 plays
* Time of possession: Pats 37:43 to 22:17
* Total Yards: Pats 431 to Bills 286
* No Patriots picking up teammates
* More replays for refs are you kidding me – what’s wrong with the college system?
* How about pay per view duel between Brady and Wilfork in 40 yard dash?
* Sox on pace to win 97 games with a very average line up and average bullpen, other than the closer
* How cool is it that we can start talking Magic Number soon
* Bogaerts hit an absolute bomb on Saturday and then made a great bandhanded play
* In the span of five batters Sunday – Stephen Drew didn’t make four plays that Inglesias would have made all of them
* With all of these beards – doesn’t ZZ Top have to sing the national anthem in the playoffs (She’s Got Legs – great video)
* Sunday Globe – Nick Carfardo is still obsessed with Bobby V
* Now that you have built up Middlebrooks trade value do you trade him and Lester in a blockbuster this offseason – move Bogaerts to third and sign a shortstop for a year until Maerro is ready?
* Game times 4:32 / 4:00 / 3:32 / 3:15
* Jets in first place!
* Bad karma for Pouncey wearing the Hernandez hat – out for the season
* Adrian Peterson ran for 78 yards on his first carry and then 15 on his next 17 carries
* Anquan Boldin for a sixth pick 208 yards – Patriots couldn’t have offered a 4th round pick?
* My picks Friday – won the lock – the over in Navy game / was 1-4 on the others got Washington State over USC / Western Kentucky did turnover the ball 5 of their first 6 plays
* Nate Sudfeld’s brother of Patriot threw for 363 yards and four TD’s for Indiana against Navy
* Clowney overhyped, out of shape and now whining about schemes
* Fire Kiffin chant heard at USC Coliseum
* Hunter Pence was playing too deep with two outs in the 9th of a potential perfect game Friday
* Not old school baseball – Dwight Evans would have blown up this shortstop http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30422353&topic_id=11493214
* Despite a turn around year – the Indians are averaging 42 more fans a game from last year
* The Cubs need to win 81 next year in Theo’s third year – they are on pace to win 64 games this season four more than last year
* The decision by Washington not to pitch Strasburg last year proves to be a mistake – win when you can
* Most over-rated player in baseball Giancarlo Stanton who is a career .266 hitter and hits a home run every 15 at bats and strikes out every 3.22 at bats
* Philadelphia Phillies used a different closer Sunday after Papelbon blew his 7th save Saturday
Wisconsin football in two games (against bad teams) has yet to give up a point – the 1939 Tennessee Volunteers outscored opponents 212-0 for the entire season.
Sadly Tennis / boxing are two dead sports – remember the 70’s and 80’s:
Tennis – Borg, Connors, McInroe, Lendel, Becker, Graf, Martina, Everett, Seles, Edberg, Hingis, Wilander, Vilas,
Boxing – Ali, Hagler, Leonard, Benitez, Duran, Hearns, Forman, Norton, Larry Holmes, Joe Frazier, Alexis Arguello,
Jacoby Ellsbury broken foot? Scott Boras must be throwing up in his mouth – should have shaken down Red Sox after 2011: 119 runs / 212 hits / 83 extra base hits including 32 home runs / 105 RBI / 39 stolen bases
Steroid user Melky Cabrera had a tumor removed from his spine – look at all of these super human athletes have heart issues, cancer, strokes etc – for the good of teenagers – there has to be definitive news that steroids is bad for you, like Barry Bonds head explodes
* Sad to see McCoy Stadium empty in the Pawtucket playoff series win Sunday
* Very good career in MLB: 1,500 hits / 150 wins
* I wouldn’t drink a Heineken if it was free
* USA soccer vs Mexico in Mexico Tuesday night
* Great semi final US Open match between Djokovic and Wawrinka and great second set Sunday between Serena and Azarenka
* 1939 Connecticut pass the Bill of Rights 147 years after presented
* I wonder if Mary Carillo and Johnny Mac get along – fighting for air time
* Advantage to eating bad – ice cream, Ruffles and $100,000 bars don’t come with fruit flies