Today marks the beginning of NHL Free Agency and it has been a whirlwind of activity so far. The Bruins have been quiet so far, but we have seen two friendly faces part ways: Shawn Thornton signed a 2-year deal with the Florida Panthers and Chad Johnson has signed a contract with the New York Islanders. Neither of these are surprises and both should do well with their respective new teams.
- Jason Spezza has been traded to the Stars. They also signed Ales Hemsky. Those are some great deals that make huge additions to their top 6.
- Paul Stastny signed with the Blues. Good chance you see him centering Olympic teammates TJ Oshie and David Backes.
- Ryan Miller signed with Vancouver.
- Jonas Hiller to Calgary.
- Benoit Pouliot signed with Edmonton for 5 years. Laughable contract.
- Brooks Orpik signed with Washington for 5 years. See above.
- Tomas Vanek signed with the MN Wild. Great signing for them.
- Dan Boyle to the Rangers. He left money on the table because he really wanted to be a Blueshirt.
- Mike Cammalleri to the Devils.
Tags: Chad Johnson, Jarome Iginla, Shawn Thornton