Because you need something to make you happy whenenver you’re reading or viewing this, here’s a short video of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski twerking in Miami.
During the Boston Celtics’ dramatic 95-92 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night, there were some dramatics in the stands as well.
According to multiple reports, a fan was stabbed with a box cutter in the balcony area of the TD Garden as the fourth quarter was coming to a close. The injuries were not life-threatening, and the fan was taken to Mass. General Hospital to recover. A Braintree man was arrested a couple days later.
Deadspin claims to have a fan video of the altercation, in which two Celtics fans go after one another with the usual assortment of yelling, middle fingers, thrown drinks, and “hold me back!” before one of them seems to break out a box cutter in a sudden “Anchorman” style escalation.
MVP – Pedroia (2008) / Tom Brady (2010) / Bird (1986) / Esposito (1974)
Rookie of the Year – Pedroia (2007) / Curtis Martin (1995) / Bird (1980) / Raycroft (2004)
Coach of the Year – Fitch (1980) / Julien (2009) / Belichick (2010) / Jimy Williams (1989)
* NFL Arrests……………12
* Chicago Murders…….61 (Boston murders 4)
* Rondo Suspensions….1
* Local Championships..1
* Celtics transactions…10 Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Rondo Doesn’t Help, All Stars, Patriot Dismantling »
* If I was another team, I would make a run at Jackie Bradley while his value is down – best defensive outfielder in baseball counts for something
* Brock Holt would have a place on my team any day
* Allen Craig has two hits – trade him right now
* Loved Ortiz’s comments on playing first base that it wears him down – work in a coal mine one day!
* Victorino is sitting out already with sore legs
* Bogaerts two home runs already – he’s untouchable
* Goals before he was not dressed for February 20th game – 1
* Goals after being sent to the press box – 4 Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Red Sox, Russians Are Coming, Obama in Selma »
* The 1949 Red Sox hit into 207 double plays in 154 games – eight players hit into double digit double plays: Doerr (31), Tebbetts, Goodman, Stephens, Pesky, Zarilla, Williams, DiMaggio
* Brett Hull 1990-1991 – 50 goals in 49 games
* Brett Hull 1989-1990 – 50 goals in 50 games
* Bobby Hull 1965-1966 – 50 goals in 52 games Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Daylight Savings, Pistol Pete and 6-4-3 »
Vince Wilfork announced on Thursday that he had been informed by the Patriots that they would not be picking up the two year option in his contract. The move will make Wilfork, an 11-year veteran, a free agent to sign with any team. The move will save New England $8 million in salary cap space.