It’s no secret that Rob Gronkowski doesn’t exactly fall in line with the “Patriot Way.” His on-field production has made it easy for fans and management alike to just accept his antics as “Gronk being Gronk,” but if his production doesn’t pick up soon, what then? While he isn’t getting arrested for drugs or alcohol (or even murder), or causing nationwide headlines, he still has a knack for putting himself in the spotlight off the field, like he did this past week with the Patriots coming off their bye.
Gronkowski’s latest stunt came at a Q&A session in Bar Louie at Patriot Place in Foxborough. At one point fans started dancing to some music. One man that started dancing was an Asian man wearing a Gronkowski jersey. Continue reading Video: Rob Gronkowski Makes Fun of Asian, Attracts Attention for All the Wrong Reasons »
Tags: Aaron Hernandez, Bill Belichick, Jonathan Martin, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Richie Incognito, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Weker
Thursday Night 8:00 PM – CBS Sports Channel – Documentary Marching On based mostly on my book The President’s Team
1. Around the NFL:
* Why not to bet – Rams 38-8 over Colts / Jaguars over Titans
* Big win for Patriots with Ravens beating Bengals, who have a tiebreaker over Pats
* Giants, Steelers, Falcons and Packers are 13-23
* How does Megatron not get double coverage every game?
* Tavon Austin on the Rams had 314 total yards
* Racist Riley Cooper is on pace for 12 TD’s this year
2. Around College Football:
* Texas talked about firing their coach and USC did – now they are both in the mix
* UCLA Linebacker Myles Jack had 8 tackles and fumble recovery and then got forced into action as running back went for 120 yards one six carries / 1 TD
* Hats off to Boston College they are going to a bowl when this things all over
* Duke scored three TD’s in 26 seconds – Devon Edwards two TD’s off interceptions and one return TD Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Patriots Off, Celtics Need to Lose, Red Sox 100 Days to Spring Training »
Tags: Connelly's Top Ten, Top Ten
* First time I have seen him smile all year
* He is taking a lot of hits (never seen so many guys running free at him – hello Dante???)
* Brady has been using PA
* Brady not QB sneaking anymore at goal line?
* Brady pass to Dobson for 81 yards was his best long pass in a long while (Dobson put his hand up like Moss)
* Edelman was a go-to guy to an afterthought
* How bad was Ballard that he couldn’t make this team
* Drops by Dobson, Edelman and Hoow.
* I hate that stretch play left in the run game
* Ridley spins off contact
* Ridley fumble led to two Steeler TD’s
* Everytime Gronk gets tackled I hold my breath
* Lot of penalties for Mankins this year
* Great effort by Blount for his TD and hanging out with Patriot guys with muskets
* Three Pats with over 100 yards in receiving – Amendola, Dobson, Gronk Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: When Brady Smiles – All of Patriot Nation Smiles »
Tags: Connelly's Top Ten, Top Ten
To celebrate something, is it typical to get drunk and shirtless? If you’re a normal person, probably not. But, if you just won the World Series and are Mike Napoli, of course that’s what you do.
Twitter users spotted Napoli all over Boston, including a shot of the first basemen taking a stroll down Boylston Street without his shirt on.
Check out the video of Napoli stumbling around Boston.
Tags: Boston, Boylston Street, Mike Napoli, Red Sox
Red Sox starter Jake Peavy enjoyed his time at the Red Sox parade Saturday, so he wanted something to remember it by. No, a ring won’t be enough. He bought an entire duck boat, according to the Red Sox.
Tags: Jake Peavy, Red Sox
This past Wednesday Comedy Central’s popular television program, “South Park”, ran an episode titled “Taming Strange” where one of the characters was going through puberty at an early age due to his taking of hormones. It was revealed that he had been taking the hormones by mistake and was supposed to be on a weekly laxative. As it turns out, his laxatives were accidentally being sent to “an athlete in the Northeast”.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of the show, are huge Denver Broncos fans and this was obviously a good-natured ribbing at Brady’s expense. Although, it would explain a lot.
Tags: South Park, Tom Brady