Keenan Thompson portrayed Red Sox slugger David Ortiz on Saturday Night Live this week after the recent selfie controversy with President Obama.
Check out the video:
1. In 2001, Barry Bonds hit 73 home runs in 476 at bats – one every 6.52 at bates
2. Sid Luckman in 1943 threw 28 touchdown passes on 110 passes
3. The 1983-1984 Edmonton Oilers scored 36 short handed goals – Gretzky had 12 Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Stats, Slow Cars and Other Thoughts »
Was Yankees starter Michael Pineda using pine tar in his pitching hand while facing the Red Sox Thursday night? Well, that’s what users on Twitter and Facebook think.
I’ll let you be the judge:
What do you think? Continue reading Michael Pineda Using Pine Tar or Goop Against Red Sox? »
* Every hitter in the Red Sox starting nine was 1-4 Sunday except Ross who was 0-3
* Jon Lester on a pace to go 0-32 – he must be grumpy
* 4% of the season over on a pace to
* Red Sox and their opponents so far – 92 strikeouts to 25 walks – that’s crazy
* Jackie Bradley now has 103 at bats in the majors and a .194 average
* Johnny Gomes 8 strike outs in 18 at bats
* Clay Buchholz 13 hits in 4.1 innings Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Red Sox Back, Emmy’s and Oscars, Fighting Henry’s »
* Biggest day tomorrow is for Dr. Charles Steinberg – never mind the players
* Uehara has thrown 20 strikes out of 26 pitches so far
* On a pace to win 108 games
* Jackie Bradley got two hits – trade him tonight
* Johnny Gomes was 1 for 4 with two strike outs but they won so he will tell the media they win with in the lineup even though he stunk
Athletes from 25 separate countries have won in Boston – American men haven’t won since 1983 / women haven’t won since 1985 Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Take Me Out to the Ballgame »
It’s a little late for lunch, but if you still need to grab a bite to eat, it seems Fenway Park is the place to be. Tasty Burger is handing out 2,014 free burgers up until 3pm today in honor of its new location at Fenway Park.
If you can’t make it for Thursday’s free burgers, don’t fret too much; now that Tasty Burger is the Official Burger of the Boston Red Sox, you can find them on the third base deck all season long.
The MLB season is now underway, and with plenty of big signings, trades and new contracts, it should be a great season. And we’re here to bring you our writers’ predictions for how the season will turn out. After a surprise championship season, the Red Sox aren’t as under the radar to begin this year, though the Tigers and Rays look to give them some stiff competition. The Dodgers are the only team unanimously picked to win a division, but what seed that will get them is a matter of disagreement. After a rough season for the Upton brothers, the Braves are down, but not necessarily out. There’s a good amount of variety in our picks, so anyone could win.
Scoring for the picks is as follows:
And with that, all that’s left is to check out the picks. So check below, and feel free to comment with your choices. And check back once the regular season concludes to see how everyone did. Continue reading 2014 MLB Expert Picks »