The NHL season is finally here. It’s the second season under the new divisional playoff format, and plenty of big moves happened in the offseason to make things interesting. Will Ryan Miller make Vancouver a contender? How about Jaroslav Halak and Johnny Boychuk for the Islanders? Or perhaps Jarome Iginla for the Avalanche?
In bringing you our picks for how the season will turn out, scoring is as follows:
- Picking a team to make the playoffs is worth one point.
- Picking the #1 team in each division exactly is worth three points, then two points for #2 and one point for #3.
- Picking the first Wildcard from each conference exactly is worth two points, then one point for the second Wildcard.
- Picking the best team in the league is worth two points.
- In the event of a tie in the standings, we’ll also be selecting which team will wind up with the NHL’s worst record, then second worst, then third worst.
So with that out of the way, check below for everyone’s picks, and come back once the season is complete to see how everyone did. Continue reading 2014-2015 NHL Expert Picks »