If you saw last night’s Red Sox game, you saw the Major League debut for Oakland A’s prospect Pat Venditte, who is ambidextrous, meaning he can pitch with both arms.
Check out the video here:
In case you’re not a self-proclaimed “grammar Nazi,” you may not have noticed that horse American Pharoah’s name is permanently spelled wrong… by mistake.
Many owners through the years have used alternate spellings for their horses, but in this case, the name was incorrectly submitted to a naming contest held by Zayat Stables, the horses’s owner. Continue reading Belmont Stakes 2015: American Pharoah, not Pharaoh #typo »
* Over their last 162 games – 69-93 – yikes!
* Know what would have been a fun dynamic – watching Lackey on the mound reacting to Hanley letting a fly ball land in front of him
* Sandoval’s projected stats for the season: 15 HR / 50 RBI / .239 AVG
* 34% of the season complete
* On the bright side 12 of the last 29 games have been under 2:40 Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: And Down the Stretch They Come »
Rob Gronkowski, his father, and brothers will be competing on Celebrity Family Feud this summer.
Gronk’s brother, Chris, called into the Toucher and Rich Show on 98.5 the Sports Hub to announce the appearance on the game show. Continue reading Rob Gronkowski, Family To Appear on Celebrity Family Feud »
* Going into Saturday – the Rangers had not shut out a team this year or won back to back game at home – thank you Red Sox
* Sox are on pace for 70 wins
* Red Sox hitting ranks in MLB: Average – 23rd / Slugging 26th / Double Plays 2nd / Extra Base Hits 27th
* Pitching ranks in MLB – ERA – 27th / Average against 22nd / WHIP 26th / Balks – 2nd /
* Blackhawks go for their third Stanley Cup in six years Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: John Farrell’s Last Game? »
* Ben Cherrington stays on life support with the strong performance from Eduardo Rodriguez
* The $180mm Red Sox played three infielders in the outfield Wednesday versus the Twins in a MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL game – Hanley, Betts and Holt
* I knew Hanley would be bad in the outfield but he quite possibly might be the worst outfielder I have seen in Major League history
* Hanley and Panda are being paid $222,222 a GAME and are hitting a combined .258
* Red Sox acquired starting pitchers ERA: Miley 4.47 / Porcello 5.37 / Kelly 6.24 / Masterson 6.37
* By this offseason the talk of Swihart too small to continue to catch will start sending him to the Dominican to work on a new position (bring Hanley with you)
* I would trade Napoli while he’s semi-hot and move Hanley to first Continue reading Connelly’s Top Ten: Red Sox Need DeflateGate Back »