So what will these two huge signings bring to the Red Sox over the next several seasons? Sandoval is 28 and Ramirez is 30 years old, they aren’t spring chickens anymore, but they aren’t anywhere near 40 either. To help inform how these two players will help the Sox over the next few years, I’ve looked at each player’s stats from 2011 to 2014.
- Has averaged 130.75 games played per season over last four years
- 157 games played in 2014
- His four year batting average is a .288
- Averaged 16.25 home runs per season, hit 16 out of the park in 2014
- OBP is .341 over last four years, but 2014 was the lowest at .324
- OPS is .798 over last four years, but is trending in the wrong direction