// Free Agents 2010

The RB Free Agent Market

The 2010 off-season features a long list of free agent running backs. Some familiar faces including LaDanian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, and Brian Westbrook will all be looking for new homes this summer. Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots are notorious for being active in free agency over the past few years, and I expect […]

New England Patriots Offseason: What To Do With This Defense?

Ask any Patriots fan what the Patriots need to improve on and about 90 percent will tell you the defense. The other 10 percent will continue to live in the fantasy world that was 2001-2007. In 2010, the defense definitely struggled to find veteran leadership after they shipped off Richard Seymour and Mike Vrabel and […]

Sox Will Pay if They Don’t Sign Bay

Five years, $75 to $80 million. That’s likely what it will cost the Red Sox to retain left fielder Jason Bay. The 31-year-old, now officially a free agent, reportedly passed on a last minute, four-year, $60 million deal Thursday as Boston’s exclusive negotiating window inched shut. In honor of the lengthy, costly contract agent Joe […]

Acquiring Gonzalez a Necessity for Successful Offseason

Soon after the the Gold Gloves, Cy Young Awards and MVP’s are handed out, the focus officially moves onto the upcoming season. No other sport entices its fans with the offseason  like baseball.  But, even with estimates surpassing 200 players hitting the open market this winter, all signs point to a boring free agency period. […]

Why the Red Sox Should Sign John Lackey

Jason Bay is casting off for free agent waters and the Red Sox decided not to pick up Alex Gonzalez’s $6 million option for 2010. Thus, the Sox are left with two gaping holes in their starting lineup. But Boston wunderkind Theo Epstein apparently had another position on his mind at the GM meetings last […]

Not Extending Ray Allen a Smart Move

Entering his 15th season in the NBA, there isn’t a lot Ray Allen hasn’t experienced. He’s been traded three times, called three different time zones home, and has been a part of two different “Big Threes.” NBA All Star games? He’s been to nine of them, winning the 3-point contest in 2001. Olympic Gold? Check. […]