In this edition of the Four-Point Play, I’ll discuss Ray Allen’s overdue marriage, the Celtics signing of J.R. Giddens, the new Celtics Baby DVD, and the success of USA Basketball at the Olympics.
1. Ray Allen finally married longtime fiancee Shannon Walker Williams last weekend.
- WOW, there’s really not much Celtics news to report.
- But, it’s nice to see Ray Ray happy and with his whole family. You may recall his young son went to the hospital during the NBA Finals for diabetic symptoms, so it’s great that the family is OK. His new wife sure looks OK too…
2. The Celtics signed rookie guard J.R. Giddens last week.
- It’s rare when a team can’t come to agreement with its first round pick, so I expected this to happen some time during the summer.
- The deal for Giddens is for a guaranteed two-year deal with options for two more years after that. He should develop nicely behind Rajon Rondo and Gabe Pruitt, and there’s no rush for his progress. After all, the Celtics did win the NBA Championship.
3. A new DVD featuring Paul Pierce’s voice called “Boston Celtics Baby DVD” was released Tuesday.
- For all you fathers and mothers out there, it’s time to raise your children to become a Celtics fan right away. This DVD apparently will help! (I have no clue if that’s actually true…I never bought into baby videos or DVDs)
- I’m not endorsing this product at all (in fact, I don’t recommend buying it), but this baby DVD is now available and Paul Pierce does voice-overs, so that must be kind of funny anyway.
4. The U.S. Men’s Basketball team continued its dominance of the world in the Olympics, destroying Germany and Australia this week.
- The win vs. Australia was most important, as it put them into the semifinals. They might as well just end the tournament and award the Americans the Gold Medal. Finally, U.S. basketball is back on top of the world.
- This team actually seems like they want to win. Adding Kobe Bryant was a huge help, as he and LeBron James are carrying the team way past everyone. Chris Bosh has played well at times off the bench. In all, this team is and should be unbeatable. We will see though…
Tags: Celtics, Four-Point Play, J.R. Giddens, Olympics, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Wyc Grousbeck