|Bruins Quick Hits||A Closer Look Into the Bruins First Month of the Season.||Connelly’s Top Ten: Posse!||Connelly’s Top Ten: Edelman Lays Eggs (so did the coordinators)|
* Bobby Valentine now doing Jordan’s commercial and Ocean Edge – is that supposed to help those companies?
* See where the Red Sox sold out every spring training game
* Red Sox actually have a tough schedule – Detroit on the road, Toronto on the road then Tampa, Texas and NY at home – if they are 8-7 after the first 15, they did well
* Red Sox pitchers on their roster right now making OVER a million dollars (per ESPN): Beckett $15mm / Lester $7.6mm / Andrew Bailey $3.9mm / Clay Bucholz $3.5mm / Alfredo Aceves $1.2mm / Matt Albers $1.0mm / Andrew Miller $1mm
* Countries Red Sox players are from other than USA: Mexico, Venezuela, Japan, Dominican (only one player)
What the top five Bruins goal scorers are being paid per goal (goals pro-rated to end of season)…
(Info from Baseballreference.com)
Patrice Bergeron, Chris Kelly, Dennis Seidenberg
* Tyler Beede – 0-3 / 6.46 ERA
* Kevin Ziomek – 2-3 / 3.82 ERA
* Adam Ravanelle 0-0 / 0.00 ERA – 3.1 innings
Over the last four years, the Tampa Bay Rays have been to the playoffs three times and have averaged 21,855 fans a game / during the same time period the Cubs have been to the playoffs once and have averaged 38,857 fans a game
Most Rebounds in a game for a player not named Russell or Chamberlain:
* Jerry Lucas – 40
* Neil Johnston – 39
* Maurice Stokes – 38
* Nate Thurmond / Moses Malone / Tom Boerwinkle / Walt Bellamy / Nate Thurmond – 37
Average QB Rating of the leaders in the category from each year in the respective decade:
1970-1979 – 93.6
2000-2009 – 106.9
University of Florida player Taylor Gushue is a high school senior but graduated in December by accelerating classes and has 5 home runs already for the Gators.
* Cool YouTube of Ray Lewis firing up the Stanford basketball team before NIT
* Its great to be able to keep playing but wouldn’t you be embarrassed winning the NIT?
* I’m curious: does anyone know how many pitches Roger Clemens threw in Game 6 -1986?
* Keep Rick Pitino out of closets in restaurants this weekend
* The other night, Lakers center Andrew Bynum took a pull-up three pointer and was immediately benched by his coach – he took a seat on the bench and laughed about it