|Inconsistency Will Continue For Bruins Unless A Change Is Made||Five Bruins Prospects in 2017 World Junior Championship||Bruins Quick Hits||A Closer Look Into the Bruins First Month of the Season.|
* One of the worst played series since the Miami – Knicks scrums
* Ray Allen pulling the string on the clutch free throw
* Can’t Danny Ainge get a front row seat?
* The Sixers are athletic
* Celtics scored 36 points in the second half
* When I watch Pierce throw the ball away time after time – I wonder what the academic requirements are to get into Kansas?
* Kevin Garnett’s late surge reminds me of Roger Clemens striking out 20 in a contract year after appearing to be on the back nine of his career
* Should Keyon Dooling be on the floor in the fourth quarter of an elimination game?
* Ryan Hollins’s range is officially 4 – 5 inches
* Marquise Daniels is officially the worst defensive replacement in NBA history
* Doc turned out to be right on not fighting for home court against the Hawks
* Ray Allen 1-7 from three-point land – yikes
* Can’t believe Colonel Kurtz was the back up center for the Hawks
* What kind of $17mm pitching star, supposed competitor watches his desperate teammates lose with Darnell McDonald on the mound and not fight to get out there this weekend just two days removed from his golf game?
* Haven’t seen so many empty seats in Fenway Park since Joe Hesketh was the ace
* Bad week for John Henry – Liverpool lost in the FA Cup championship and the Red Sox wicked stink
* Would you trade Will Middlebrooks and Josh Beckett to Texas for Josh Hamilton (contract year)?
* Speaking of Middlebrooks, should we be concerned? – doesn’t run out the ball on Sunday, pulled himself out of two games so far with cramps (yikes), Thursday night struck out to end the game on a dropped third strike and didn’t bother running down to first letting the catcher tag him out
* Speaking of non running balls out – did Bobby V. talk to him about that and Cody Ross not running out a foul ball that was almost fair Sunday?
* How long are the Red Sox going to wait? – at least get rid of the pitching coach…
* Watch out for Salty throwing the ball back to the pitcher – he is looping it. Someone will steal on him
* Every start Josh Beckett makes pays him $566,666 (real unemployment is 18%)
* Box score said the stadium was 101% full
* If Ben C. got his way and hired Dale Sveum and he had this record – Larry L. would have Ben and Dale’s head
Amazing that the Patriots have been to 6 AFC Championships in 10 years.
Josh Beckett and Clay Buchholz since they signed their contracts:
* Beckett……………….(4 years – $68mm signed on 4/05/10): 21-17 (4.24)
* Beckett-Follower – (4 years – $30mm signed on 4/11/11): 9-4 (5.13 ERA)
Strasburg has made 23 career starts:
* 2.28 ERA
* 154 K to 26 BB (5.92)
AB’s per HR for players that have hit 4 home runs in a game since 1960:
Craig Grebeck and Nick Punto combined as Red Sox: 6-70 = .085
Best raw skill since Sid Finch
Tom Cruise 40 movies – 0 Oscars (nominated for Magnolia, Jerry Maguire, Born on the Fourth of July)
* RIP Carl Beane my coach from the Boston Media team – he loved baseball, that’s for sure
* When do the Revolution start?
* When do the Boston Lobsters start?
* When do the Boston Breakers start?
* Could Coolidge help the Celtics down low?
* With Olympics around the corner – look for this veteran to make a comeback: