|A Closer Look Into the Bruins First Month of the Season.||Connelly’s Top Ten: Posse!||Connelly’s Top Ten: Edelman Lays Eggs (so did the coordinators)||Connelly’s Top Ten – Thank You Veterans!|
* Brady – we’re lucky to watch him
* With that said – he’s not good if he has four seconds or more to scan the field
* Hernandez took a big hit and then was gun shy on bubble screen, leading to an interception
* Didn’t see Vereen after his fumble
* I know the Patriots have proved me wrong on Woodhead, but the power run at the goal line can be frustrating
* Patriots 2 for 15 on third down / but amazingly 5-6 on 4th down
* Brandon Lloyd, last two weeks: 17 receptions for 279 yards
* Chandler Jones has been neutralized
* Biggest play is Arrington allowing Crabtree to turn him and go for a TD
* Talib had a touchdown on a fumble recovery and Gregory stood up and knocked him down
* Lot of doubleteams on Wilfork
* Every fumble went San Franciso’s way on both sides
* 49ers were doing a lot of chirping out there when up big and they were chippy like their coach – gasping for air late in the game
* Krafts made a visit to TV land at 10:10 of 3rd quarter
* Not often does a Belichick team get caught with a fake punt
* Another wrong challenge for Patriots
* Can’t tie it up 31-31 and then allow the big kickoff return
* Would be a great Super Bowl
* Should Danny Amendola of the Rams be fined for his spike that hit a sideline worker in the face?
* Ray Lewis has turned into the fattest NFL cheerleader
* Cam Cameron must have loved the Baltimore offense struggling
* Adrian Peterson has started his self-promoted MVP campaign. Running for 200 plus yards is a good start.
* The Jim Schwartz coaching job in Detroit might be one of the worst since Rod Rust
* Wow! Jets – Titans on Monday night football!
* Pete Carroll fake-punted up 30 points in the 4th quarter
* Scutaro got $6mm a year and hit .306 / 43 extra base hits / while Youkilis got $12mm a year and hit .235 / 36 extra base hits?
* Lot of buzz for Nick Swisher, who has hit .169 in postseason (181 plate appearances) / 141 strikeouts in 2012
* Hello salary cap, you idiots!
What number in the draft did the Patriots pick their Hall of Famers:
John Hannah – 4th (1973)
Michael Haynes – 5th (1976)
Andre Tippett – 41st (1982)
Curtis Martin – 74th (1995)
Nick Buoniconti – 102nd (1963)
Bill Russell…………162-83 (.661) / 2 championships
Tom Heinsohn……427-263 (.619) / 2 championships
Satch Sanders…..23-39 (.371)
Dave Cowens…….27-41 (.397)
KC Jones…………..308-102 (.751) / 2 championships
Chris Ford………….222-188 (.541)
MLCarr ………………48-116 (.293)
I wonder what Sammy Sosa did in the off-season between 1997 and 1998?
At bats per home run:
1997 – 17.8
1998 – 9.7
MLB Network had a list of the greatest pitching seasons ever – number 1 was Pedro Martinez in 2000 (Walter Johnson 1912 / Bob Gibson 1968 followed)
* 1.74 ERA / one third of the league average
* 0.737 WHIP – lowest ever
* Strike outs to walks – 284 to 32
* Amazingly they said his 1999 might have been the second best year in MLB history
Boston College played in the 1939 Cotton Bowl and 1940 Sugar Bowl despite the fact that their star African American player
Lew Montgomery wasn’t allowed to travel with the team to the south.
Five saddest days in American History ranked by date, not pain:
* April 12, 1861 – Fort Sumter – wasn’t the bloodiest moment but led to Americans killing Americans (51,000 casualties at Gettysburg)
* December 7, 1941 – If you ever visit Pearl Harbor, you will be moved to tears
* November 22, 1963 – Country’s soul damaged for good
* September 11, 2001 – Shocking confirmation that the enemy lives in shadows and not on the other side of a border
* December 14, 2012 – Children and teachers perish in school rooms in what is supposed to be the intended bastion of learning and innocence. Little by little, the greatest country known to man has its idealistic Norman Rockwell-world chipped, tarnished and erased. To those teachers and first responders and surviving children, they will never be the same, the holidays will never sparkle as bright and their sleep never still. But amazingly, in that schoolhouse existed the worst and best of mankind – a sick person with poison in his heart on one side of the gun and on the other side was teachers who sacrificed all for their children, fulfilling their ultimate calling to make a difference in children’s lives!
* Purdue is playing on New Year’s Day with a 6-6 record? Wouldn’t New Year’s Day be the perfect day for the four game quarterfinals in a 16-team tournament?
* Heart wrenching to watch Kevin Garnett – Kevin McHale embrace
* Tom Watson is going to coach the USA Ryder Cup – hopefully he doesn’t show the team highlights of his white knuckle putt in the British Open
* Why isn’t Troy Brown getting Hall of Fame consideration?
* Boston College football is 63-25 lifetime against U Mass, Boston University and Holy Cross
* Any reporter that tried to question a child in Newtowne should be suspended immediately
* What players currently playing for local teams will have their uniform retired – Tom Brady / Zdeno Chara / Paul Pierce