|Black and Gold Bruins Turn Yellow On Parade Day||Inconsistency Will Continue For Bruins Unless A Change Is Made||Five Bruins Prospects in 2017 World Junior Championship||Bruins Quick Hits|
* Can Iglesias hit .240 the rest of the year, which is good enough?
* Never mind 200 innings… can Buchholz throw 140?
* Jon Lester for Garza and prospect
* Can Big Papi stay healthy?
* Will the Drew family buy stock in ice bags and ace bandages?
* What deal will Ben pull off?
* Ellsbury story – I would trade him and get value
* Any way Nava even approaches 80 RBI for season?
* Can they repair the bullpen? (Papelbon?)
* Other than 2008, Tom Brady hasn’t missed a regular season game since he took over Drew Bledsoe.
* Over the last five years (not counting 2008) – TB has thrown 187 touchdowns in 80 games
* In 2010, he threw 4 interceptions in 492 attempts
* In 2009, in 565 attempts he was only sacked 16 times
* Over the last nine seasons he has averaged 13 wins a season
* The last two years he has thrown for 10,062 yards which would be 174th in NFL history for a career
Jeff Green 5th
Chris Wilcox 8th
Kelly Olynyk 13th
Kris Humphries 14th
Avery Bradley 19th
Rajon Rondo 21st
Jared Sullinger 21st
Fab Melo 22nd
Courtney Lee 22nd
Gerard Wallace 25th
Marshon Brooks 25th
Jordan Crawford 27th
Brandon Bass 35th
Keith Bogans 46th
Colton Iverson 55th
Shavlik Randolph – not drafted
* 1950’s = Lakers – 4
* 1960’s = Celtics – 9
* 1970’s = Celtics and Knicks – 2
* 1980’s = Lakers – 5
* 1990’s = Bulls – 6
* 2000’s = Lakers – 4
Someone explain to me the logic of Mariano Rivera not pitching the 9th inning in the All Star game, save opportunity or not? – the 8th inning isn’t a save opportunity
1. John McGraw……..10
2. Casey Stengal……..10
3. Joe McCarthy……..9
4. Connie Mack………9
5. Walter Alston……..7
6. Tony La Russa………6
7. Harry Wright………6
8. Joe Torre…………….6
9. Miller Huggins……..6
10. Bobby Cox…………5
British Open fun fact: Tom Morris (greenskeeper) won the Open in 1867 at age 46 – his son Tom Jr. won the next year, 1868, at age 17
Marty Barrett had a .514 OBP in the World Series in 35 plate appearances
Johnny Manziel is having a whole lot of fun – imagine if these guys played sports during this age of cell phones and social media:
* Joe Namath
* Ken Stabler
* Max McGee
* Eddie Shack
* Dave Shultz
* Marvin Barnes
* Derek Sanderson
* I know British Open isn’t at St. Andrews, but it’s on my bucket list
* Have I mentioned traffic lately
* I wonder if Brooklyn has a seismograph for Paul Pierce’s buzzer beater brick jobs? (love how some fans are already exaggerating his clutch-ness)
* John Henry good points on EEI – talking about pace of the game and his opinion for either DH in both or pitcher hit in both
* Should Steve Grogan’s number be retired?
* Speaking of WEEI – paper the other day said it was a blowout in ratings by Sports Hub and questioned the decisions being made over there (I presume he is talking about Salk)
* Rest in Peace Top Ten reader Michael B. – Centre Street won’t be the same without you!