|Connelly’s Top Ten: Sox Done / Celtics 50 Wins – One Playoff Round / Belichick Contract Extension||Yoan Moncada and the Red Sox||Connelly’s Top Ten: David OverPriced, Sunday Bird, Complete Games (Or Not)||Two Red Sox Players Considered Serious MVP Candidates|
The 2013 Patriots remind me of Dice K in 2008 when he went 18-3, but seemingly had the bases loaded against him every inning – how are they doing it?
* Good second half
* Not reading defenses and blitzes as well this year
* Brady’s lack of accuracy caused Thompkins injury
* Touchdown to Gronk – terrible pass forcing an open Gronk to make an amazing catch
* He keeps winning
* How about that Jim Nance run by James Develin
* Edelman as Dan Dierdorf said is a real football player
* Patriots are on pace to win twelve games without one pro-bowler on offense (maybe Solder but his game has depreciated)
* They won’t win a playoff game unless they fix the defensive line – Vellano should just lie down and at least make them jump over him
* Another average game for Hightower
* McCourty took a couple Tebucky angles
* 2:14 of first quarter
* 13:09 of fourth quarter
* Two penalties in game – none on Patriots
* Good to see Ridley not fumble that ball on the sideline – his hat lid was broken?
* Patriots MVP so far is no doubter – Gostkowski
* How boring is it to watch a Patriot kickoff return?
* No flag on the interference on Edelman’s fair catch – big play
* Gronk won’t make it to the playoffs – again.
* Peyton is motivated never to visit Foxboro again – 5 TD’s
* Rex Ryan just moved closer to his new job working at a women’s shoe store (would you hire Rex Ryan to run the Patriots defense?)
* Happy for Matt Cassel to get a win (I always find it interesting when I feel bad for people making $5mm for playing sports)
* Record of Denver’s remaining opponents 16-32 / Record of Patriots remaining opponents 20-28
* Wes Welker’s last four games 18 receptions / 162 yards / 0 TD
This weekend is why it’s the greatest sport – maybe the greatest weekend in College Football history – certainly the greatest finish in College Football history:
* If you get a chance – YouTube video of fans watching the last seconds
* Look at these games – LSU over Arkansas 41-38 / Oregon over Oregon State 36-35 / Ohio State over Michigan 42-41 / Duke over N. Carolina 27-25 / Auburn over Alabama 34-28
* Although Boston College lost they gained my admiration without their star and a hostile opponent they matched them punch for punch
* Eight team playoff would look like this: Florida State vs. South Carolina / Ohio State vs. Stanford / Auburn vs. Oklahoma State / Alabama vs. Missouri
2011 – 62.4%
2012 – 57.5%
2013 – 47.8%
* Celtics 23% through season and on pace for a record of 30-52
* Bruins 33% through season and on pace for a record of 55-21-6
* ML Carr’s Celtics were 5-14 after nineteen games – this year 7-12
Watching the Auburn run-back is one of those really special moments in sports – other sports plays that made me stand from my chair.
* Mickey Ward – Atturo Gatti Round 9 first round
* Hagler – Hearns
* David Ortiz home run in Game 4 vs. Yankees
* Bobby Orr’s end to end goal and behind the net
* Salazar – Beardsley Duel in the Sun 1982 Boston Marathon
* Celtics – Lakers DJ hits shot to win in at Forum
* Bird’s game winner in Dallas after getting hit in the eye and seeing two rims
* Clemens 20 strike out game
* Pedro’s All Star performance
* Tebucky Jones’ return fumble TD vs . Rams that was called back (I thought I was on my way to see Elizabeth)
* Pete Sampras vs. Alex Corretja
* Ryder Cup Brookline
From CBS – Patriots are 46-6 in December since 2001 – are you kidding me?
Red Sox offseason after 1966:
* Managerial prospects: Ted Williams, Yogi Berra, Same Mele, Dick Williams
* First thing Dick Williams did as manager – strip Yaz of captaincy / threaten to move him to 6th in line up / it was more likely that Yaz was to be traded than not
* Dick Williams said he wouldn’t be afraid to slap players
April 1947 – Jackie Robinson’s first appearance in Boston to play against the Braves – Boston businessman Anselmo Krigger from the West End bought over a 100 tickets and presented Branch Rickey flowers for giving Jackie the opportunity.
* MIAA screws it up again – one of the most unique aspects of Massachusetts high school football (Massachusetts sports) is Thanksgiving games and the overseers of sports rendered them meaningless by playing playoff games before them
* Fast and Furious isn’t so fast and furious – how many kids have raced and crashed after watching those movies
* Gary Danielson about the Alabama team on the field at the end “there are no athletes on the field – just fat guys”
* I like the Tundra pick up truck ad campaign going backwards in time building race track back yard
* It’s outrageous that networks go to commercial after a touchdown and then again after the subsequent kickoff (which is usually a touchback)
* How is there even a discussion – Orr vs. Gretzky?
* Is there a hot turkey sandwich rehab center?
* Pacers on pace for 77 wins this year
* Movie this weekend Philomena with Judi Dench B+ / popcorn A+ (Dedham Community)